Posted: Nov 30, 2021
Posted: Nov 30, 2021
Skills: Environmental Engineer
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Novi, Michigan, United States
Wood is seeking a Mid-Senior Level Engineer to join our team in Novi, MI.
Are you an Engineer with 5 to 10 years of environmental experience? Are you looking for an opportunity to work with Senior Staff on a variety of technically challenging projects? Are you looking for an opportunity to work with an established environmental consulting firm that values its employee's enthusiasm and technical contributions? We encourage you to apply for this opportunity. We are dedicated to providing the atmosphere to allow individuals to grow their career.
The position is approximately 15% field work and 85% office work on a variety of projects including industrial, state and federal sites. The success candidate will perform routine office assignments (technical and non-technical);
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Travel to project sites in Michigan and the Great Lakes Area.
- Prepare conceptual site models and remedial alternatives analyses.
- Prepare bidding documents and requests for proposals and assist in subcontractor procurement for environmental remediation projects.
- Prepare of cost estimates to implement remedial technologies.
- Review contractor submittals including equipment, work plans and QA/QC plans.
- Track payment applications, requests for information, change order requests and general construction phase submittals.
- Self-implement or oversee implementation of remediation activities. This may include managing and/or assisting junior staff involved in the project.
- Conduct project closeout activities including final inspections, completion of punch lists, record drawings, and contract closeout.
- Complete operation and maintenance inspections of remediation systems under guidance of an experienced operator.
- Office activities, including analysis and interpretation of analytical results and preparation of summary reports under the guidance of a Senior or Principal Scientist/Geologist or Engineer.
- Manage and analyze large environmental datasets with spreadsheets and other technical software, prepare plots and quantitative summaries, and document methods used to analyze data.
- Prepare engineering calculations, engineering drawings, technical memoranda, and other deliverables related to communicating and documenting a civil/environmental engineering design.
- Participate in training events, project meetings, and engineering team meetings
- Work and travel safely, follow company and site safety standards, maintain permits and training certificates
The successful candidate must have the following attributes:
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to work effectively under deadlines and within budgets.
- Strive to understand client's objectives and craft solutions that incorporate client needs tailored to site conditions.
- Require nominal supervision and review of work.
- Work in a team setting with other engineering disciplines and Wood offices.
- Learn and stay up to date on state and federal environmental regulations and guidance.
- Ability to deliver processed data in an organized fashion, following data management standards.
- Maintain successful client relations; our professionals work on many projects at one time and must be able to build and sustain relationships.
Skills / Qualifications
Basic/ Required Qualifications
- BS degree in civil engineering, environmental engineering, or related field
- 5 to 10 years environmental experience including environmental remediation engineering
- Understanding of means and methods and ability to perform engineering calculations and designs associated with environmental remediation technologies and treatment systems including air sparging, soil vapor extraction systems, vapor mitigation, biodegradation, chemical injections, pump and treat and/or soil excavation
- Strong fundamental math skills
- Excellent communication, both verbal and written, and organizational abilities
- Flexibility to work outside of normal business hours if required
- Must pass drug test, background check and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy
- Michigan PE license
- Computer literate - MS Word, Excel, CADD familiarity, etc.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- HAZWOPER 40 hour training.
- Working outside in various weather conditions, uneven terrain
- Office work with computer
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.