NES Fircroft is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas, Power and Renewables Industries.
Our valued client is seeking 3 Engineer in Training (EIT) I
in North York, ON for a 1-year contract. The shift is Monday to Friday, 8 hours per day. These positions will start working from home, then transition back into the office once COVID restrictions are lifted. What You Will Do:
Provide hydraulic modelling support using the Synergi software application. Duties & Responsibilities:
- Overall responsibility to create update and maintain hydraulic network system models
- Overall responsibility to examine, design and analyze the effects of various system alterations on system integrity and reliability, and propose new or altered infrastructure, such as reinforcements, as required.
- Provide consultation to Planning and Design and Customer Connections when considering load additions to the system. Incorporate short term and long term customer additions targets prepared by Customer Connections and/or the Municipal Correspondence departments into the forecast analysis.
- Identify changes in customer load profiles and assist in incorporating these changes into the load gathering program and network analysis design standards, thereby ensuring accuracy of the annual simulation and forecast analysis
- Analyze and forecast the short and long-range distribution system operating and infrastructure requirements under varying conditions for all regions within the distribution system.
- Conduct network impact reports and contingency plans as required ensuring system reliability and minimizing system disruptions.
- Provide consultation to other internal groups, such as Network Operations, Gas Control, AR&I, Construction, Engineering, Integrity, Key Accounts, etc.
- Related university Engineering degree and up to 2 years' experience
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of fluid dynamics or system modeling is an asset - understanding of the Synergi software is preferred.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.