Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Skills: Project Engineer
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Wood is currently looking for a Project Engineer to strengthen our team in Dubai. This is a home office position that may require occasional travel to Basra in Iraq.
- To deliver a clearly defined and complete proposal package including detailed project Scope of Work, estimate, schedule, CTRs and other supporting documentation as required for successful kickoff of the project.
- To have single-point responsibility for managing identified project interfaces and ensure that all applicable information is captured to enable the engineers to propose a complete a project design, with manageable brownfield integration risk.
- To manage Technical Queries during engineering, and coordinate responses.
- To manage cost, schedule and delivery during the engineering and procurement process.
- To manage Technical Bid Evaluation process and production of the Technical Bid Evaluation Report.
- To ensure that the overall project is delivered to meet the asset operational needs.
- To coordinate and participate in all project safety and design reviews as necessary.
- To ensure that all work is completed without compromise to quality and is delivered according to the project schedule.
- To drive interface management, liaising with the Client's Engineering, Operations and Maintenance staff as required to ensure a consistent approach to project completion
- To promote safe behaviour at all times.
- To ensure that own actions plus those of the project team are conducted in accordance with the HSE management system.
- To have single point responsibility for the efficient delivery of the project within schedule, cost, and quality standards.
- To develop the project Scope of Work in order to define the required deliverables.
- To ensure that effective business controls are applied throughout the project on behalf of EMIL and in accordance with stated requirements. Controls will apply to all HSE, commercial, financial, quality, integrity, and schedule issues.
- To be responsible for the management of all project reporting, interface definition and management, plus liaison with Client project engineers.
- To ensure that technical integrity is fully maintained and that all deviations to project standards/procedures are formally recorded and approved.
- To identify cost or schedule reduction opportunities during evaluation of Procurement Tenders and ensure that these are pursued wherever appropriate.
- To be participate in project audits and ensure that all audit action items are closed-out in a timely manner.
- To be responsible for highlighting and resolving project issues at the earliest opportunity.
- To exercise control over manpower and material resources in order to complete the project within budget, schedule, quality, and HSE requirements.
- To promote a planning - execute - measure - feedback methodology in project engineering.
Skills / Qualifications
- Degree in a relevant engineering discipline (B.Sc./B.Eng./M.Sc.)
- Membership of a recognised professional institute preferred
Business & Industry Experience:
- Shall have previous experience of engineering and execution phases for medium sized upstream Oil & Gas projects
- Minimum of 10 years expereience in Design, construction and general project deliver in the oil and gas industry
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in Project Engineering or Project Engineering Management
- Minimum of 5 years proven capability in an EPC company
- Previous experience of working for Wood is strongly preferred
- Experience of working with multi-national and multi-cultural project teams is strongly preferred
- Previous experience of working in the Middle East would be an advantage
- Knowledge and understanding of Lump Sum EPC contacting
- Knowledge and understanding of EPC ITT process
- Knowledge of unit rate and reimbursable contracting
- Shall have proven capabilities in managing and motivating a multi-discipline team to deliver projects.
- Shall be able to demonstrate sound commercial appreciation and judgement.
- Shall be able to demonstrate sound general management skills in all aspects of project engineering
- Shall be well organised and methodical.
Technical / Business Skills
- Highly motivated and self-reliant
- Confident and assertive
- Problem solver
- Open thinker and innovator
- Good communicator with a willingness to share knowledge and support others
- Flexible and adaptable
- Strong commitment to safety
- Must be willing to make occasional visits to Iraq
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.