Skills: Instrument & Controls Engineer, Commissioning Engineer / HUC
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Basra, Iraq
WTS Energy is seeking to hire Lead PACO engineer (2 vacancies) for one of its client who is a reputed oil and gas engineering and management company.
Location: Basra, Iraq (28/28 rotation)
• Provide technical assurance of Field Instrumentation and Process Automation designs through appropriate application of Client technical standards and specifications, implementation of DCAF and review of design deliverables and activities.
• Ensure schedule and cost considerations are included in design decisions, while maintaining primary responsibility to assure safe and appropriate quality designs.
• Ensure instrumentation and Process Automation Engineering activities are executed in alignment with Company Project Delivery Roadmap and Opportunity Realization Process.
• Delivery of the instrumentation and Process Automation equipment engineering scope for assigned projects, ensuring flawless start-up of Equipment and compliance with agreed HSSE practices and procedures as defined under the company HSSE management system.
• Act as PACO lead engineer, he will have overall responsibilities of all engineering deliverables ranging from engineering study deliverables to RFC packages, commissioning procedures, ITPs, Material Requisition, Technical Bid Evaluations, etc.
• Drive technical assurance: Has an overall technical assurance role forengineering and delivery of PACO related activities to meet project specifications and Client standards including DEM1 and DEM2 requirements.
• Participate in engineering reviews regarding instrumentation and Process Automation engineering discipline, witnessing of Factory Acceptance Tests, as required and participate in safety and quality audits and field reviews as required.
• Drive installation quality, working with Construction contractor and QPH Construction team and provide technical support for commissioning and/or start up of field instrumentation and Process Automation Equipment where applicable.
• To be fully familiar and up to date with latest Client and Industry standards and ensure compliance of projects design with these latest standards.
• To be fully familiar with Client TAMAP, EFAs and SPEP for Process Automation andInstrumentation equipment
• Audit construction field activities for compliance and assist in resolution of field non-conformance issues as required.
• Ensure design meets requirements of Client's HSSE Framework.
• Design and develop, as required, innovative technical approaches to the broader process engineering issues and contribute to continuous business improvement initiatives (fit for purpose)
• Provide (one stop shop) instrumentation and Process Automation equipment engineering support and delivery for QPH minor / base and medium projects up to 20MUSD CAPEX / project.
• Accountability for PACO engineering deliverables and engineering execution planning support including provision of senior engineering expertise.
• Proactively working with the Engineering Manager to keep projects on track and achieve Top Quartile (TQ) performance for the portfolio.
• Drive and delivery of an ever increasing effectiveness and efficiency in producing project designs, through Elimination, Simplification, Standardisation and Automation balanced against the need for Top Quartile FEL in, and quality designs for the Client projects.
BSc., University degree in Engineering - Instruments or equivalent
Experience and Skill set
• Minimum 15 years experience in Oil and Gas related Instrumentation and Process Control mechanical Design and Engineering with minimum 5 years of construction and commissioning activities
• Previous experiences with Client DEPs will be a plus
• Performs as a professional Instrument and Process Automation engineer for projects and plant modifications from Front End Development (FEED) through detail engineering execution / commissioning and start-up. Past work experience should entail but not limited to the following:
• Technical support for operation and maintenance of Instrument and Process Automation
• Testing, installation, commissioning and start up of Instrument and Process Automation equipment including FAT tests, Site Acceptance tests
• Design, selection and specification of Process automation and Instrumentation equipment
• experience with DCS IPS systems and field instruments (i.e. pressure ,temperature, level, analysers, etc.) and Process Control development
• Experiences with HAZOP,IPF classification processes, onshore experience, awareness of the ISO standards
Minimum 5-10 years experience inOiland Gas Project Delivery as an Umbrella ContractLead PACO engineer function in a multidiscipline Workforce