Posted: Nov 12, 2021
Posted: Nov 12, 2021
Skills: Customer Service, Software Specialist, Field Service Tech
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Sandnes, Rogaland, Norway
Oceaneering International Inc. is a global supplier of engineering services and products, predominantly to the oil and gas industry, and are present in all geographical regions of the world. Oceaneering Norway consists of the companies Oceaneering Ltd., Oceaneering Asset Integrity Ltd., and Oceaneering Rotator Ltd.
Our mission and vision are; We solve the unsolvable and thrive by creating industry-changing technically creative solutions for the most complex operational challenges under water, on land, and in space.
To solve our mission, and reach our vision, we need colleagues with different backgrounds and competences. We believe diversity gives us a broader perspective and a better understanding of our customers' needs. We are certain that if we do things right, grow together, outperform expectations and own the challenge, we will solve our mission and reach our vision.
OceanSMART is building a future with complete real-time visibility of vessels, cargoes, and maritime assets, with total transparency to emissions, risk, hidden cost, inefficiency, and waste.
We are excited to be adding a full product and development team based in Stavanger to the existing US and UK based teams to support our efforts to reduce waste.
If you would like to join the team and make a positive and meaningful impact on the global fight to reduce waste, please review the following opportunities to join us.
The OceanSMART Support Specialist will serve as the subject matter expert for all OceanSMART products. The Specialist is responsible for providing insight, guidance, and solutions to our customers. This role will be the primary contact for all requests and incidents raised during EMEA local business hours.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide our customers clear, immediate access to answers and solutions.
- Coach our customers in best practice use of our products and associated business processes
- Actively seek ways to increase our customers' satisfaction and product engagement.
- Ensure all customer support interactions deliver value
- Contribute to our support knowledge base, including customer training
- Introduce our customers to relevant products and services.
- Develop and maintain product and business process expertise.
Subject Matter Expertise
- Develop a working understanding of the customer's tasks
- Develop a working knowledge of multiple job functions with our customers' organizations
- Translate the customers' business needs to the product organization
- Train customers on how to use key areas of the OceanSMART suite.
- Support in the QA of the OceanSMART suite
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
- Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
- Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company.
- Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities
- Customer Support Manager, Maritime
- University degree or equivalent education and experience
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in a client service or technical support environment
- 5 years' experience in working or supporting the Maritime industry, such as vetting, chartering or operations.
- Experience with service desk solutions (Jira, ServiceNow, Remedy)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to convey complex situations to end users of all technical abilities.
- Ability to easily adapt to and learn new technologies
- Self-motivated and able to perform duties and responsibilities independently#
- Ability to utilize change management skills to ensure understanding of customers' needs and how to train the customers on our products
- This position requires a high level of self-management and ability to communicate with multiple levels of customer employees
This position is considered OFFICE WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Almost exclusively indoors during the day and occasionally at night.
- Occasional exposure to airborne dust in the workplace.
- Work surface is stable (flat).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered LIGHT work.
- Lift up to 20 pounds
- Climbing, stooping, kneeling, squatting, and reaching
- Lift up to 10 pounds
- Repetitive movements of arms and hands
- Sit with back supported
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.