Skills: IT - Programming & Database
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
We are looking for the right people - people who want to innovate, achieve, grow and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. Experience the challenges, rewards and opportunity of working for one of the world's largest providers of products and services to the global energy industry.
DevSecOps / Cloud Operations Leader
Halliburton is looking for a technology leader within our DevSecOps and SRE (site reliability engineering) organization. This is a critical role in Cloud Operations, responsible for implementing best practices, tooling, and policies for availability, maintainability, and deployment velocity for iEnergy Cloud which runs Landmark's suite of SaaS products. If you have experience in transforming or leading a Cloud/DevSecOps organization as a hands-on leader, leading customer deployments, incident management, ensuring high availability, we would like to hear from you. This is an exciting role that brings together cutting-edge technologies in cloud computing and getting SaaS solutions in the hands of users at scale.
Responsibilities / Expectations
- Lead site reliability engineering teams chartered with running the iEnergy cloud operations, with a focus on software automation and reliability.
- The site reliability engineering team owns successfully deploying code into the iEnergy cloud, monitoring live operations. You have experience owning and running operations and managing global operations/engineering teams.
- Work with DevSecOps product teams to lead deployment of code and fixing issues discovered in operations. Ensure best practices are implemented to move SRE tribal knowledge into documented processes and automated.
- Hands-on experience to anticipate operational issues, ensure systems and automation is developed or deployed to continually anticipate and fix potential issues, resolve issues before they happen.
- Work closely with product engineering, product support and global account teams to ensure high availability and low mean time to repair, automating fixes and implementing resilience in design and operations.
- Experience with latest public, private and hybrid cloud technologies from AWS and Azure. Experience in database, storage, compute and visualization solutions in the cloud especially in troubleshooting and operational experience managing deployments with a mix of cloud technologies.
- As a lead, drive development and implementation of effective policies, practices, and tooling to ensure iEnergy cloud runs at and meets its service level agreements (SLAs)?
- Work with Internal Audit and security teams to ensure all production environments are continuously assessed and updated with the appropriate security measures
- Establish and report appropriate flow and performance metrics for the SRE organization
- Grow and establish a global workforce in multiple locations and time zones
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience required
- 7-8 years of experience in cloud operations, cloud implementations across public, private clouds
- Hands-on experience leading and deploying code to live operations in public clouds (e.g., AWS, Azure) and/or private, hybrid clouds.
- CISSP, CISA, CISM, CRISC or CEH Certifications preferred
- 5 plus years of technical support or customer support required
- P&L responsibility - creates and manages?P&L for cloud and the SaaS business.?
- Past experience streamlining?cloud deployments with automation, standardization and best practices
- Travel up to 20%
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
3000 N Sam Houston Pkwy E , Houston , , 77032 , United States
Requisition Number: 95555
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Engineering/Science/Technology
Product Service Line: Landmark Software & Services
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world’s leading providers of products and services to the upstream energy industry.
Halliburton is proud to be a services company, and our customers and investors appreciate our business model. Our strong competitive position not only comes from our geographic footprint and wide range of products and services, but also, more importantly, from the quality of our work and the dedication of our employees.
With approximately 55,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities in more than 80 countries, Halliburton touches much of the oil and gas that fuel our society.
Halliburton comprises 14 product service lines (PSLs). The PSLs operate in two divisions: Drilling and Evaluation, and Completion and Production.
Our Consulting and Project Management PSL works across both divisions and is the spearhead of our integrated-services strategy. Its financial results are included in the Drilling and Evaluation Division. PSLs are primarily responsible and accountable for strategy, technology development, process development, people development and capital allocation.
Integrity: Ethics and integrity are the foundation of our brand and the guiding principles for all we do.
Safety: Priority number one. We are focused on our own personal safety, as well as on the safety of others.
Collaboration: We work together with customers, and understand that everyone has a role in providing the best solution.
Competition: We compete to win, knowing that competition makes everyone stronger.
Creativity: We are resourceful. We are innovative, and strive to apply the right technology and solution every time.
Reliability: We deliver what we promise. We believe the quality of our service defines who we are.
Respect: We are honest with ourselves and with each other. We value our diverse skills and talents, and know we are stronger together as one family.
These values are our corporate DNA, the foundation for how we relate to each other and to every individual and entity with whom we interact. These are the principles that every Halliburton employee is expected to use, live by, and demonstrate on a daily basis.
Own Your Career
Our people are essential to our ability to innovate, achieve, grow, and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. We invest in our employees through leadership and competency development, competitive compensation plans, health benefits, work-life programs, and reward and incentive plans.
Opportunities for career development – and the tools you need to take advantage of them – are abundant. Combine those opportunities with your drive and capabilities, and your career path can go in nearly any direction you choose.