Experience: 7 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Basrah, Basra Governorate, Iraq
Wood is currently recruiting for Piping & Mechanical Draftsman with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry. Candidate must be able to work on daily basis in Basra, Iraq.
- Proficient in piping and mechanical drawing drafting in AutoCAD.
- Good understanding of P&IDs.
- Good understanding of Piping Material Specifications and Piping Support Specification and able to utilize in during drawing drafting and Piping MTO preparation.
- Skillful in preparing piping isometric, Piping GAD, Equipment Layout, Plot plan, As-built document, updating P&ID, datasheet etc. in AutoCAD software.
- Capable to prepare Piping Bill of Material/MTO.
- Make Site visit for physical measurement at site and develop piping isometric and Piping GAD as per job requirement.
- Knowledge and working experience piping for Pumps, compressors, pressure vessels, columns, heat exchangers and other Oil & Gas equipment's.
- Skilled in AutoCAD, PDMS, MS Office-Excel & word.
- Well aware of piping standard (e.g B31.3, B16.5, etc..), specifications and drawings.
- Fluent in English.
Skills / Qualifications
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering with good knowledge of piping engineering drafting work.
- Experience: Minimum 7 years' experience in piping engineering drafting with AutoCAD software for Oil & Gas, Petrochemical & Chemical projects. Candidate with working experience in PDMS will be preferred.
- Tool /software knowledge: AutoCAD, PDMS, MS Office-Excel & word
- Area of expertise: Drafting of Piping & Mechanical Engineering drawings in AutoCAD software.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.