Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
Skills: Hydraulic & Pneumatic, Production Engineering, Fracturing
Other Skills: Experience in unconventional resources or HPHT/Tight Gas with a strong understanding of hydraulic fracturing.
Experience: 14 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Salary: Expected monthly/annual salary to be proposed by candidates
Location: Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
Our client in Saudi is seeking a Production Engineering Specialist to join their Unconventional Production Engineering Division (UPED).
The UPED is responsible for providing technical support for all of unconventional rig-less activities, production optimization, and well integrity analysis for all unconventional wells in Saudi Arabia.
Your primary role will be to ensure appropriate well completion designs, cost-effective fracturing programs tailored to numerous reservoirs, and studies on related projects.
As a subject-matter expert you will coach and mentor other production engineers and graduates within the team.
- As the successful candidate, you will hold a bachelor's degree in Petroleum Engineering. A masters' degree would be an advantage.
- You will have 15 years of extensive production engineering experience.
- You will have experience in unconventional resources or HPHT/Tight Gas with a strong understanding of hydraulic fracturing.
- You will be familiar with simulation software such as Prosper, Saphir, WellCat, and MFrac (or equivalent) with the ability to perform nodal analysis.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- You will be required to perform production engineering duties, including:
- Design well completion and propose alternatives if required.
- Design and execute quality assurance/quality control and perform post-job analysis for acid and proppant fracturing treatments.
- Perform studies and projects assuring adequacy and conformance to overall objectives of all phases of problems in areas, including stimulation, production,
- well design, and testing programs, reservoir flow properties, and fluid studies.
- Own the quality and implementation of optimization tools.
- Provide input to pilot design and interpretation.
- Conduct flow assurance analysis.
- Monitor corrosion and resolve paraffin-scaling issues.
- Utilize artificial lift to increase productivity of wells.
- Conduct nodal analysis.
- Implement industry best practices and share knowledge of unconventional gas assets.
- Evaluate new technologies, tools or techniques, and decide on suitability, then present, or assist in the presentation of, proposals to management, and technical and operating groups.
- Participate in project technical reviews and review proposals to ensure efficient/economic operations.
- Represent our client in dealing with manufacturers, vendors and outside consultants in your area of expertise.
- Prepare manuals, and train/develop engineers and operating personnel in your area of expertise.