Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Wood serves many of the world leaders in the mining industry. The company maintains mining offices across Canada, the USA and Australia, as well as in Santiago, Chile, Lima, Peru and Johannesburg, South Africa.
Wood currently has an exciting opportunity for an Intermediate Resource Geologist. Reporting to the Consulting Manager, Canada, this position is located in Vancouver, BC. This role has responsibility for assisting in the development of geological models, resource and reserve estimates and preparation of technical reports for mining projects throughout North America and around the world. If you have a successful track record and thrive on challenges in a fast-paced environment, this is the opportunity for you.
- Assists with the development of mineral resource databases, geological models, mineral resource block models and mineral resource estimation reports including NI 43-101 Technical Reports
- Participates in geological and mineral resource/reserves reviews audits and due diligence assessments to maximize value for our clients
- Ensure individual output is completed on time, on budget, and exceeding quality standards to support consulting and engineering teams
- Developing and maintaining communication channels with internal Wood personnel to ensure smooth workflows
- Data collection at mine sites
Skills / Qualifications
- Undergraduate or Graduate Degree in Geology, Geostatistics, Geological or Mining Engineering or mining-related field.
- 2-7 years of experience in mining geology
- Member or ability to register wtih Engineers and Geoscientists of BC
- Experience in precious metal, base metal, diamond, coal, industrial mineral and aggregate deposit geology, mineral resource estimation and mine operations
- Experience in the 3D modeling and grade estimation of mineral deposits
- Familiarity with one or more geological modeling and resource estimation software packages, such as Leapfrog, MineSight, Vulcan, and Datamine
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, Project, PowerPoint)
- A willingness to travel both domestically and internationally, for varying durations and at times to remote locations
- Fluent and effective spoken and written English. Spanish would be advantageous but not a requirement.
- Authorization to work lawfully in Canada without sponsorship from Wood is required
- Currently located in Vancouver
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.