Skills: Fitter / Turner
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Bloomfield, New Mexico, United States
Wood is searching for a Pipefitter with experience in the oil and gas industry w orking in Bloomfield, NM. Must live local or willing to provide own housing.
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required.
The individual must have the basic knowledge and skills to fabricate, install and assemble structural steel.
- Accurately interpret and apply information from work orders, job orders, specifications, blueprints, ISO's or other drawings and recognize basic blueprint terms and symbols for job application. Read structural drawings.
- Identify, recognize and demonstrate safe usage of power tools and hand tools appropriate for the job.
- Recognize various materials used in piping systems and demonstrate a working knowledge of appropriate material handling techniques.
- Select and safely use appropriate equipment which may include (but not limited to) manlifts, fork lifts, and company trucks.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills in safe rigging practices.
- Identify, explain and perform crane hand signals.
- Identify and recognize components of structural systems.
- Demonstrate ability to accurately layout and fabricate structural iron.
- Demonstrate ability to locate and mark reference points for structural components on foundation using master straightedge, square, transit, builder's levels and measuring tape.
- Alight structure or plates to be assembled on boiler frames, tanks, or structures, using plumb bobs, wedges, dogs or turnbuckles.
- Demonstrate appropriate techniques in handling sections or structural parts in order to facilitate fitting edges together.
- Bolt or weld equipment sections using approved materials and procedures such as stacks, chutes, ladders, catwalks, etc.
Skills / Qualifications
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- 1- 2 years of Journeyman experience.
- Should have at least 2 - 3 years as an apprentice/helper in one of the mechanical areas such as
Ironworker, Boilermaker, Pipefitter-Bolt Up, Pipefitter Fabricator or Welding.
- Should have at least 1 - 2 years as a journeyman as an Ironworker.
- Experience in one of the mechanical areas such as Ironworker, Boilermaker, Pipefitter-Bolt Up,
Pipefitter Fabricator or Welding field a plus.
- Must possess an NCCER certification card or successfully pass an in-house craft assessment.
- Must be able to work in team environment.
- Must have a minimum of 1-year experience working in an industrial environment.
- Should any steel member require cutting and welding in the field, the employee who is to perform
the welding must have been tested and certified through our department for the specific type of
repairs that are to be made.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.