Our client, a large oil and gas company, is currently seeking a Communications Coordinator for a 1-year contract in Calgary, AB with possibility of extension.
The communications coordinator backstops all functions inside the Network Communications & Engagement team in Retail. With a predominant focus on communications principles, the coordinator supports the execution of communications plans and tactics to improve program execution and deliver measurable contributions towards meeting business objectives. A writer and copy editor with proven expertise, the coordinator supports both consumer- and retailer-facing initiatives through communications and training to retailers, dealers, CSRs, social and digital communications with customers and direct customer contact as a key backup to the customer service and digital teams within the department. The preferred candidate has a passion for (and demonstrated experience in) retail customer service, great grammar, simple messaging and some knowledge of best practices in digital and social communications.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Write articles and short copy for a variety of operational, marketing and communications needs (print and digital).
- Copy edit communications, marketing and training materials using CP Style Guidelines.
- Maintain editorial calendars to ensure timely and targeted communications to both internal and external audiences.
- Provide back-up to customer service department for managing customer queries.
- Provide presentation support to the Retail department by creating/editing/fine-tuning PowerPoint presentations for internal and external audiences.
- Assist Training team with fine-tuning materials and presentations.
- Work with marketing team and other departments as necessary to write/edit copy to create messages that effectively communicate business objectives.
- Provide backup to digital advisor on social media and digital uploading and content review/responses.
- Support the team on online and in-person event execution, such as conference calls/broadcasts, training meetings, town hall meetings and tri-annual network conference.
- Degree in journalism, Public Relations or communications preferred
- 1-3 years' experience in a communications role
- Retail customer service experience preferred and an asset
- Must possess strong communications skills including verbal proficiency and ability to write in a variety of styles
- Experience in copy editing (looking for a grammar stickler)
· Familiarity with CP Style Guidelines and Technical Writing experience is an asset
· Skills in Microsoft business software (Word, PowerPoint and Excel). Working knowledge of PowerPoint/Presentation principles preferred.
- Experience working in Retail (any industry) but with a key focus on serving customers.
- Familiarity with digital and social execution
· Experience using a content management system is an asset.
- Event planning experience is an asset.
- Soft skills
· Forward-thinking - knows how to hunt for a news story.
· Big picture thinking - can connect dots between teams, stories and departments to better serve our audiences.
· Team player with solid research skills to assist others with delivering the right message for their needs
· Ability to work under pressure with tight and changing timelines is essential
· Strategic thinker and problem solver who can think outside the box
· Excellent planning and organizational skills
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.