Skills: Project Management
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana, United States
Wood Environmental & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking a self-motivated leader with a strong technical Civil Engineering or Environmental Remediation background based in our Baton Rouge, Louisiana office. The candidate should possess a balanced portfolio of skills to execute technical work but also lead and grow a multi-disciplined office. We are looking for a seller-doer with demonstrated relationship-building abilities and established business relationships in Louisiana.
The key role will provide technical and project management support on environmental and/or engineering work and will contribute to growth pursuits with existing and new clients in Louisiana. This role will also serve as the key point of contact for the Baton Rouge office with a goal of growing our Louisiana footprint.
Key Responsibilities :
- Provide leadership in technical, business development, and administrative aspects of the consulting business to sustain and expand a successful environmental and engineering operation while growing additional, related disciplines
- Manage a variety of professional consulting assignments for Oil&Gas or Industrial/Commercial clients in one or more specialized areas of environmental and facilities projects, including general civil/geotechnical engineering, environmental engineering, permitting and remediation
- Coordination with other units across the Central Gulf Coast Region (Louisiana, Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, and Illinois) and North America
- Drive sales, marketing, and growth of our Baton Rouge office.
- Work closely and provide critical support to the Operations Manager regarding effective functioning of the Baton Rouge office.
- Conduct routine meetings with local staff to discuss recent Corporate, West US, and Central Gulf Coast performance, business plans and compliance with Company policies.
- Develop existing staff and identify and recruit new prospects for future growth
- Fosters team environment and helps develops staff through mentoring and leadership.
- Communicate effectively with clients, staff and Wood leadership
- Assure delivery of quality products
- Provide senior review and direction on technical projects
- Serve as senior project manager and/or project expert on specific tasks or projects
Skills / Qualifications
- BS degree in Civil/Chemical/Environmental Engineering or Geology (advanced degree(s) preferred)
- 10+ years of related experience in consulting engineering firm and knowledge of applicable laws and regulations
- Experience with growing client programs utilizing multi-disciplined resources from across the Company
- Experienced in successfully providing leadership to diverse (both technically and geographically) project teams. Must be able to influence and lead team members both those with direct reporting relationships and those who report to others
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong personal safety culture and proven experience driving a safety culture
- Experience in successfully advocating and/or negotiating with regulatory agencies and third parties in favor of client positions
- Must pass drug test, physical, background check and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy
Registered Professional, if applicable, in primary technical area of practice
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.