Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Oakville, Ontario, Canada
Wood is looking for a Junior Geochemist to join our Mining team on a full-time basis, in our Oakville Resilient Environments office. As part of our Mining Geochemistry group, you will work with an entrepreneurial, multidisciplinary team of highly qualified professionals supporting world-class mining projects.
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelors or Graduate degree in an applicable field (e.g. geochemistry, geology, earth sciences)
- 1-2 years' experience, preferably within an environmental consulting firm or mining company
- Eligible for Professional accreditation (P.Geo, P.Eng. etc.) an asset but not a requirement
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in acid rock drainage/ metal leaching and mine waste geochemistry assessment
- Familiar with geochemical sampling design, water and rock sample collection, and analytical methods for mine waste geochemistry analysis
- Demonstrated aptitude to learn geochemical and water quality modeling software (e.g., GoldSim, PhreeqC, CE-QUAL-W2, and Geochemist's Workbench)
- Strong database management skills in Excel or other database software
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to travel for field assignments (approximately 10-20% of time)
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.