Skills: Commercial Management
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Elko, Nevada, United States
Wood is currently recruiting for a Project Commercial Manager to support a project in their EPC Renewables businesses to ensure compliance with key Commercial Policies, actively pursue the most advantageous project outcomes and drive continuous improvement.
This role would be predominantly based on site in the state of Nevada.
The Project Commercial Manager is a key member of the project delivery team, reporting directly to the Project Manager/Director and responsible for oversight and management of all contractual / commercial matters, including finance, legal, tax, contractual and subcontracting on the project. Subcontracts include supply contracts, services contracts and procurements that may be directly between Wood and a Vendor, or placed and managed, for and on behalf of the Customer.
This will require them to act as the project point of contact for the delivery of the aforementioned and the supervision, integration and inclusion of the individuals from other functions that deliver these project requirements.
Key Role Specific Responsibilities:
- Manage and administer the head-contract and supply chain contracts to ensure they comply with Wood's policies and procedures and meet the commercial needs of Wood and ensure the interaction between these contracts is observed and maintained.
- Be the project focal contact point for all contractual / commercial matters, including finance, legal, tax, contractual and subcontracting on the project , including oversight of the following:
- Establishment of key contract templates (including supply contracts, construction contracts etc)
- Review of all contract terms and conditions prior to execution
- Negotiation of contract terms (and amendments)
- Establishment of contract remuneration and risk-reward schemes
- Engagement / management with internal and external legal counsel, tax advisors, insurance advisors as necessary
- Contractual correspondence and associated registers, tracking, progress claims
- Change management including contract notices, variations
- Cost control, financial reporting and forecasting (working cross functionally with the project controls and construction teams)
- Develop and manage KPI regime, should they be required
- Advise and manage Delegation of Authority DOA application on the project
- Management of payment applications, invoicing, invoice disputes and payments
- Recruitment and management of project commercial team
- Oversee the assistance of the project supply chain and construction teams in the establishment of subcontracts, including:
- input into development of the contracting strategy
- advice on contract terms and conditions, recommendations to award
- guidance on contract claims, review of variations, dispute management and resolution
- administration of bonds, guarantees
- Manage commercial risk and opportunities for the head-contract/subcontracts, including:
- implement risk management programme
- maintain risk registers and generate risk reports
- Actively role model and promote the Wood values and Code of Business Conduct.
- Develop and manage an effective contracts management team which works collaboratively with all stakeholders.
- Management and consistent implementation of commercial policy requirements.
- Supporting and promoting the suite of Wood commercial standards, processes and procedures, Financial Management Framework (FMF) and tools and the continuous improvement of these along with general commercial awareness.
- Accountability for project governance, assurance and reporting.
Skills / Qualifications
- Skills typically acquired through completion of an undergraduate degree in business administration, commerce, quantity surveying, law or similar discipline. 10+ years' experience
- In addition to an undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience, the individual should have extensive and varied work experience which demonstrates exposure to key commercial and project controls concepts and principles.
- High level of commercial and contractual awareness, in particular with EPCM or EPC contract delivery models
- 10+ years of commercial experience in construction projects for an engineering or construction company
- Experience in developing and leading a commercial team
- Experience of developing and implementing commercial processes and procedures.
- Experience in managing and working with multi discipline functions.
- Excellent contract negotiation skills, with strong ability in influencing and persuasion
- Experience in negotiation, claims & dispute resolution
- An ability to listen and identify key issues and to communicate complex information clearly
- In-depth understanding and awareness of legislative obligations relating to contracts administration and management
- Understanding of project accounting reporting requirements and variance analysis
- Demonstrated ability to work with limited supervision to set up processes and monitor own work achievements against agreed objectives
- Experienced in typical Project Control systems
- Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office (in particular, Excel)
- Experience in audit and assurance
- Able to read, interpret, understand, draft and advise on contractual terms, conditions and clauses, including the management of contracts
- Ability to build and develop relationships with key leaders/decision makers on large projects
- Ability to build and develop strong working relationships with customer representatives
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.