Skills: Project Management
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Pasadena, Texas, United States
Wood is currently recruiting for a IT & Infrastructure Project Manager for a Pasadena, Texas location who will work as part of a site capital projects group. The IT & Infrastructure Project Manager will be the primary technical resource supporting the site's projects related to LAN expansion, IT infrastructure expansions & improvements, and other projects of a related nature.
Authorization to work permanently in the U.S. without sponsorship required.
Must live within a reasonable commute to Clear Lake, no relocation package is available.
You will be responsible for supporting an active chemical manufacturing plant as part of the site organization.
- Review all IT system and architectural drawings and red line to reflect the "As Found" condition in preparation for modernization projects. Work with design resources to update documentation and issue updated materials to internal and external team members assigned to support the project
- Review all LAN and other IT system functional description documents and work with unit process control and operations personnel to ensure "As Found" documentation reflects the current state of the system. If the documentation for complex controls is inadequate, missing gaps are identified correct and issue to internal and external team members assigned to support the project
- Assemble IT infrastructure and system data required for the development of formal Front End Engineering Development (FEED) activities. Documents include pulling system files, layouts, and configuration for the manufacturer and EPC assigned to complete the FEED process
- Develop technical specifications and support the development of detailed written scopes of work for hardware, software, and configuration services associated with your projects. These documents enable FEED, detailed engineering, commissioning, and other activities
- Review and comment on proposals submitted by suppliers to ensure all aspects are clearly understood and the project scope of work is consistent with the specification documentation. Create written strategies to close the gap on comments/clarifications and work with the team to formally close gaps with suppliers and lock in the approved scope of work
- Support the development of project estimates and support the effort throughout the project life-cycle to minimize change and manage spending in your areas of responsibility
- Collaborate with plant operations personnel to create/modify configuration and locations to improve the functionality of the system specifically for end-users
- Develop detailed written strategies for all change overs to standardize the work process and minimize risk during the change-over process
- Follow Recognized And Generally Accepted Good Engineering Practices (RAGAGEP) to ensure compliance with all applicable standards and Safety regulations
- Develop detailed written functional testing and acceptance testing strategies and lead all testing
- Track gaps identified during testing and ensure successful closure of items.
- Take reasonable care of your own health & safety and of others who may be affected by you
- Co-operate with Wood's and client's HSSE requirements by following all relevant health and safety policies and practice safe work habits
Skills / Qualifications
Skills / Qualifications
- A degree in computer science, business, or other applicable degree plan
- 10 years experience in supporting IT infrastructure projects in an industrial setting
- Experience interfacing with design and project engineering resources
- Good written and oral communication skills
- The ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization
- The ability to work collectively with a team toward a common goal
- Detailed understanding of IT Security, Patch Management software, and systems preferred
- Project Management accreditation preferred
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.