Seadrift, Texas, United States
Seadrift, Texas, United States
Skills: Heavy Machinery Operator
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Seadrift, Texas, United States
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Civil Operator with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry.
Must be able to operate various equipment designed for road work, including straight or articulated rubber-tired tractor-type vehicle equipped with front-mounted hydraulically powered bucket or scoop to lift and transport bulk materials to and from storage or processing areas, to load trucks or railcars; grader machines equipped with adjustable, revolving cutter head to cut trench for concrete road to specified grade; bulldozer tractor equipped with concave blade attached across front to gouge out, level, and distribute earth and push trees and rocks from land preparatory to constructing roads and buildings.
Authorization to work permanently in the U.S. without sponsorship required.
Skills / Qualifications
- Accurately interpret and apply information from work orders, job orders, specifications, blueprints or drawings
- Identify, recognize, and demonstrate safe usage of hand and power tools appropriate for the job
- Recognize various materials used in the craft and demonstrate a working knowledge of appropriate material handling techniques
- Select and safely use appropriate equipment for the job which may include (but not limited to) graders, front-end loaders, bulldozers, man lifts, fork lifts, and company trucks
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills in safe rigging practices
- Identify, explain, and perform crane signals
- Demonstrate ability to perform equipment inspections and daily reporting procedures consistent with the company's and manufacturer's requirements
- Demonstrate ability to accurately read load charts
- Identify functions, operating characteristics and limitation of various pieces of heavy equipment
- Demonstrate ability to recognize and effectively communicate machinery maintenance problems
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills in appropriate procedures required when performing activities near utility lines
- Demonstrate ability to assure adequate site preparation for various types of equipment and tasks
- Demonstrate ability to consistently obtain correct load weight and load placement information prior to performing any lifts or activities
- Demonstrate ability to safely move equipment from one location to another
- Demonstrate appropriate procedures in shutting down and securing equipment when it is unattended
- Identify and recognize the functions of control of various types of heavy equipment
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills in appropriate procedures necessary when performing earth work in the presence of underground lines
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills in identifying various soil types
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills in correct excavation procedures
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.