Skills: Mechanical Engineering, Rotating Equipment
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Basra, Iraq
Wood is currently recruiting for Discipline Engineer - Rotating with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry. Candidate must be able to work on daily basis in Basra, Iraq.
- Actively promote health safety security & environment (HSSE) consciousness & leadership in all work activities
- Support P&E directorate as an established or acting discipline engineering technical authority to assure RE technical integrity throughout machinery / equipment's / components / systems life - cycle, encompassing design & procurement / construction & installation / commissioning & testing / operational handover phases
- Assist CLIENT projects & EP contractors implementing good engineering practice, developing pragmatically robust project specifications, smart work scopes, & intelligently applying / complying with appropriate international, Iraqi, & CLIENT / Shell codes & standards
- Promote RE process safety through conducting Shell Design Engineering Manuals (DEM 1 / 2) compliancy monitoring, gap analyses / closure, & status reporting
- Ensure CLIENT in - house, EP contractors, & vendors deliverables comply with CLIENT technical standards philosophy & quality requirements, proper processes / procedures & tools used, pursuing / escalating correctives with appropriate internal & / or external authority levels as required
- Seeking continual improvement in working practices / team performance & deliverables, eg appraising reusing vs renewals, smart standardization / replication & redeploying successfully proven robust designs / engineering solutions across multiple assets, developing & implementing fit - for - purpose designs, applying new technologies
- Engineering documentation review & comment / QA / QC & approvals, including machinery package P&IDs, as - built
- Timely addressing EP & site technical queries (TQs), supporting installation & commissioning punching.
- ITP / FATs / SATs support, results evaluation, punching
- Using accumulated expertise & experience in contributing to CLIENT work fronts, knowledge sharing with colleagues, & supporting a learning - oriented working environment
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering
- Shell RE TA 3 or equivalent O&G major TA holder ship, or demonstrable firm capability as an acting TA 3
- 8 years RE engineering (covering concepts - > operational handover) at increasing responsibility levels, including major turnaround / brownfield & greenfield projects, working with / managing EPCM contractors, construction / installation & commissioning siteworks support, discipline engineer experience (commensurate with Shell JG 4 / 5 RE engineer)
- HSSE / process safety / integrity assurance / O&M driven mindset in a cost - conscious environment.
- Applied knowledge of HSSE framework, discipline controls & assurance framework (DCAF), process safety / technical integrity verification (TIV), safety critical elements (SCEs) & performance standards, etc, good working knowledge / practiced application of international & national / Iraqi codes & standards and O&G major company standards (eg Shell DEPs, DEM 1, DEM 2).
- Significant siteworks oriented machinery O&M, turnaround, rehabilitation, installation & construction, & commissioning exposure.
- Relevant practiced RE design & engineering capability (commensurate with > 10 years machinery experience) in areas such as gas compression & processing plant, storage facilities / marine export terminals, turbomachinery (eg gas turbines, compressors) & recip machinery (eg compressors & gas engines), pumps (all species), cryogenic RE, machinery package auxiliaries & ancillaries, encompassing inspection / condition assessments / refurbs / overhauls / revamps & new machinery procurements, associated multidisciplinary interfacing (especially static equipment's & piping), etc.
- Machinery custody & transfer, storage & preservation practical experience, including techniques / methodologies / materials & technical management.
- Strong analytical / quantitative skills (capability to conduct machinery sizing & selection) & troubleshooting / RCA experience.
- Good communication skills, competent in English (speaking, reading & writing), including report drafting, presentation prep & delivery, confident in participating in discussion meetings / working sessions / effectively articulating key points.
- Experience of working in harsh geographical & technical environments (eg resilience to extremely hot weather).
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.