Skills: Project Engineer
Experience: 6 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Basrah, Basra Governorate, Iraq
Wood is currently recruiting for a Project Engineer - Pipelines with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry.
- Demonstrate continuous HSE leadership - ensuring safe project delivery, building a proactive safety culture and intervening where required
- Demonstrate Quality leadership - ensuring that projects are delivered to specifications and required quality standards
- Build local capability by transferring knowledge to BGC Iraqi pipeline engineers and graduates (coaching, advising) and Contractor Personnel
- Project and Construction Execution Planning of designated project
- Authoring or reviewing relevant procedures and engineering documentation
- Contract Management, including base scope, variations, disputes
- Cost and Budget control
- Materials management and coordination
- Raise and follow-through Technical Queries. Coordinate between Contractors and BGC and WG Engineers and Technical Authorities
- Interface Management between Execution contractor and BGC & third parties, including Engineering Team, ERW Team, Social Performance Team and interfaces with other Operators
- Support projects in front-end, for example by coordinating field surveys
Skills / Qualifications
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Minimum 6 years of Pipeline Execution experience in Pipeline Project Management, Engineering and/or Construction roles;
- Pipeline or Mechanical Engineering educational background or similar;
- Strong and demonstratable HSE and Quality leadership;
- Experienced in executing projects in Iraq or similar environments;
- Experienced in Contract Management and Cost and Schedule control.
- Experienced in applying international pipeline codes and standards and providing engineered design solutions;
- Preferably experiences in brownfield piping scopes including hot-tapping and stoppling design and execution;
- Experienced in pipeline related scope including instrumentation, cathodic protection systems and valves & actuators
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.