Skills: Estimating, Quantity Surveying
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: London, United Kingdom
I am working on a new Estimator role with one of NES' exclusive clients. The Electrical Estimator is responsible for the timely production of detailed pricing of HV & LV Installations from client specifications, conceptual designs and technical work scopes. This will require the compilation of accurate estimates for multi discipline electrical works, including labour, plant, equipment, materials and sub-contract requirements during the tendering and bidding phases of the project. The level of bidding workload will escalate in line with Services growth strategy and ambitions.
Electrical Estimator Duties:
Responsible for pricing and estimating of all works and services across the Services business in an analytical and systematic way, pricing for works up to 200m
- Management of opportunities and pipeline linked to business development.
- Establish bid strategies from earliest possible stage.
- Preparation of prime cost estimates.
- Completion of fully considered tenders at settlement stage.
- Liaison with contracts team for construction advice and planning.
- Advise on finalisation matters of risk, qualification and margin.
- In conjunction with marketing function, prepare pre-bid submissions/pre-qualification documents.
- Working with existing Pricing and Estimating team to introduce a consistent, best in class way of working on pricing and estimating activities across UK Power Networks Services
- In conjunction with UKPN Procurement, liaise with subcontractors and suppliers to obtain the best available quotations, and improve the turnaround times of supplier quotes to improve the quality of bid submissions, giving UKPN Services a competitive edge over other bidders
- Responsible for evaluations of options or alternatives
- Production of financial analysis of estimates in an approved form for review, as part of the UKPN Services internal governance Portfolio Board process, and for Services SMT .
- Comply and work within with company tendering guidelines and procedures
- Ensure compliance with all legislation and industry standards
- Key contributor to the analysis of technical work scope, working with technical subject matter experts and using industry knowledge to formulate best value for money estimates.
- Complete the project risk analysis and register, with accurate estimates of the risk value incorporated within the submitted price
- Responsible for the checking of accuracy and completeness of clients tender documents
- Undertake estimating using ContractMaster & Microsoft Excel software
- Review proposals for full understanding of conceptual designs, technical work scopes and specifications
- Production of enquiries for suppliers and subcontractors
- Review project programmes and provide recommendations to the senior management team
- Attend post tender presentations with the client, providing compelling rationale or explanation for the prices submitted in the bid, and/or offering alternate solutions where requested to reduce the price through scope changes or alternative products. Therefore increasing our bid win rate
- Assist in establishing contract cost codes and targets
- Identification and elimination of hazards in line with the methodology of CDM for all projects (CDM notifiable or not)
Electrical Estimator Requirements:
- Demonstrable experience in estimating multi discipline HV & LV electrical projects
- Demonstrable experience in estimating large and complex bids and managing a team of estimators across a portfolio of bids.
- Experience in the use of estimating software
- Experience in electrical installation Industrial & commercial projects
- A sound understanding of Construction Design Management (CDM)
- Must have knowledge of HV & LV installations and switchgear
- Willing to work hours to suit tender deadlines
- Willingness to travel on occasions as required
If this sounds like you then please apply now
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.