Skills: Design Engineer
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Wood is currently recruiting for Senior Piping Designer to strengthen our Engineering team.
- This is a Home Office position based in Dubai, but it may involve occasional visits to the Client offices and/or site in Iraq. Normal working time will be 48 hours per week
- Reporting to the Lead Piping and Layouts Engineer the candidate will carry out assigned 3D piping and facilities design work as part of a multi-discipline project team.
- To promote safe behaviour at all times.
- Maybe required to perform site surveys and data gathering exercises at various project locations.
- To provide discipline specific design and drafting services that meet the Project's, and applicable statutory and regulatory, requirements.
- To provide technical support to the site team during design, engineering and construction.
- Preparation and checking of all types of Piping or Layout design deliverables such as General Arrangement Drawings, Mechanical Package Drawings, 3D Models in PDS, Piping Arrangement Drawings, Piping Isometrics, Material Take-Offs, Electrical or Instrument Cable layouts etc.
- Interdisciplinary check of all Civil/Structural/Piping/Mechanical/Electrical/Instrumentation drawings.
- Review of vendor drawings for Equipment / Package items.
- Produce 2D drawings in AutoCAD.
- To assist in the coordination of all activities related to the discipline.
Skills / Qualifications
- Minimum of 10 years relevant experience
- Knowledge of site-based project work involving field engineering and construction.
- Experience of working with multi-national and multi-cultural project teams is strongly preferred
- Previous experience of working in the Middle East would be an advantage
- Diploma or HNC in Mechanical engineering (or relevant subject)
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.