Skills: Project Engineer
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Wood is currently looking for Project Engineer to strengthen our team in Dubai. This is a home office position.
The key activities and accountabilities associated with this role include:
- Coordinate the prioritization of engineering activities for the BGC West projects scope. This includes monitoring of progress, identifying key design issues and facilitating the resolution, ensuring there is an adequate schedule and derived resource histogram and ensuring the engineering schedule is met. Projects include one major size project and several medium sized project, totaling ca. 8.
- Co-ordinate the prioritisation of procurement activities associated with the remaining BNGL Outside Battery Limit scope in line with the approved business plan and Construction Required on Site dates. This includes:
- Ensuring vendor information is collated, reported and acted upon, e.g. ensuring that document review happens timely on the EPS side, BGC side and vendor side
- Consolidating Required On Site dates
- Leading, prioritizing and escalating expediting of vendors
- Ensure that the Construction Work Packs are scheduled in accordance with the site needs and delivered accordingly
- In-team Subject Matter Expert for the delivery of material for the West Project Portfolio
- Generally: Represent West Projects as the Senior Project Engineer in the Wood EPS office, e.g. through ensuring adequate scoping, prioritizing within the West scope, ensuring timely return of the EPS contractor, ensuring vendor expediting is executed and escalated where required.
Skills / Qualifications
- Minimum 10 years experience as a Project Manager or Project Engineer in a design and procurement environment.
- Construction experience is preferred.
- BSc or MSc engineering degree.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.