Skills: IT - Software Development
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Wood is currently recruiting a Software (Unity / Unreal) Developer to join our Consulting business in Houston, Texas. This is a contract position, expected to last 6 months. For the right candidate, there is a possibility for extension or a permanent position.
Wood is committed to leveraging gaming technology to enhance our client experiences, improve our digital performance and change the way we consume data. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a growing team that support a variety of clients, projects, and internal business partners, developing technical solutions using the Unity gaming engine platform.
- Develop, modify, and maintain Unity/Unreal solutions to support engineering consulting projects.
- Provide weekly / bi-weekly develop updates to team / supervisor.
- Engage and collaborate with project teams to determine appropriate solutions and functionality that will best serve our clients.
- Maintain task list regularly and communicate challenges and opportunities proactively.
- Participate in project/discipline meetings and workshops
- Track and manage code changes using source control and Git / Azure / Visual Studio.
- Provide input to continuous improvement initiatives.
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science required; however candidates with strong work experience and a technical diploma will be considered
- Minimum of 5 years of C# / C++ programming language experience in either Unity / Unreal platforms
- 5+ years Unity and / or Unreal programming experience using 2013 version or newer required
- Excellent communicator with strong written and verbal skills
- Self-motivated and requiring minimal supervision
- Ability to work well in team environment
- Virtual Reality coding experience an asset
- Working knowledge of 3DSMAX, Python, or Java preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Must be US Citizen, or authorized to work lawfully in the US, without sponsorship from Wood.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.