Skills: HSE Manager / Advisor
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Reading, England, United Kingdom
Wood is currently recruiting for a HSSE Advisor to work in our Reading office. The role will support our Projects business delivering HSSE excellence across various energy industry projects.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a global engineering company with over 45,000 employees worldwide in over 60 countries.
The HSSE Advisor will assist the HSSE Operations Manager in ensuring the implementation of the Company's Health & Safety, Security and Environmental management system and the delivery of Wood's HSSE goals.
The HSSE Advisor will assist in.
- Developing inputs to proposals, including narratives and statistical data
- Collating statistical data
- Participation in the Office HSSE Committee Meeting
- Undertake audits as required
- Investigating incidents arising in the Office
- Reviewing and actioning HEART observation records
- Development of HSSE communications
Skills / Qualifications
- NEBOSH Occupational Health and Safety Certificate (Minimum)
- Internal Auditor OHSAS 18001
- Graduate IOSH (or working to achieve award)
- Significant experience in HSSE related roles
- Good understanding of HSSE issues on projects
- Good literacy and numeracy skills, including report writing skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office package
- Ability to prioritise work and work within defined deadlines
- Confident, proactive, and highly motivated in seeking and undertaking new tasks and responsibilities
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.