Skills: QA / QC / Inspection
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Sandnes, Rogaland, Norway
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
OceanSMART is building a future with complete real-time visibility of vessels, cargoes, and maritime assets, with total transparency to emissions, risk, hidden cost, inefficiency, and waste. We are excited to be adding a full product and development team based in Stavanger to the existing US and UK based teams to support our efforts to reduce waste.
If you would like to join the team and make a positive and meaningful impact on the global fight to reduce waste, please review the following opportunities to join us.
Responsible for testing our suite of web applications, identifying defects, working with the development team on resolutions, and ensuring the overall health and quality of our applications.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Create, execute, and maintain an end-to-end test plan
- Perform functional, regression, and exploratory testing
- Develop automated test plans
- Perform cross-browser testing
- Find and communicate software defects to developers
- Other duties as required.
- High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- One (1) or more years of experience
- Previous test experience on a software development team
- Experience with project management software (such as Jira)
- Complete knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Visio and Project
- Experience in various types of testing (smoke, system, integration, regression, performance, load, user acceptance, black box, white box)
- Prior experience in a high paced, evolving environment.
- Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Approaches a complex task or problem by breaking it down into its component parts and considering each part in detail
- Ability to establish and maintain project priorities.
- Ensures that others involved in a project or effort are kept informed about developments and plans
- Ensures that regular consistent communication takes place within area of responsibility
- Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
- Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
- Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company.
- Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
- This position has NO supervisory responsibilities.
- Technical Project Manager
This position is considered OFFICE WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Almost exclusively indoors during the day and occasionally at night
- Occasional exposure to airborne dust in the work place
- Work surface is stable (flat)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered LIGHT work.
- Lift up to 20 pounds
- Climbing, stooping, kneeling, squatting, and reaching
- Lift up to 10 pounds
- Repetitive movements of arms and hands
- Sit with back supported
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.