Would you like to work for a forward thinking technology company?Do you enjoy technical challenges?Join our growing team
We are the leader in well construction and production. Our innovative physical and digital solutions improve efficiency, production and maximize reservoir value. Partner with the best
As a Materials Manager, you will be responsible for:
Fuel your passion
- Taking ownership of all materials activities to ensure our products and services meet business and customer requirements.
- Following and implementing all accounting/regulation activity related to inventory and planning
- Providing leadership and guidance in planning and monitoring activities to support and execute effectively.
- Monitoring KPI's to analyze and measure performance to then propose improvements and action plans.
- Building clarity of all required Planning and Inventory business / customer needs while developing, implementing, and supporting cost out and overall plant initiatives.
- Effectively influencing materials team with aligned competency, training, and capacity to meet business / customer requirements.
- Establish consistent improvement processes, driving short-term / long-term capacity planning, inventory and production control requirements demonstrating strong integration with manufacturing / sourcing teams and cross-functional stakeholders.
- Assure inventory and service goals are met and drive the result of flawless customer fulfillment
- Set strategic direction for planning, scheduling, inventory activities and system utilization/tools within the local team.
- Determine and apply appropriate optimization methodologies to balance service level, inventory, and cost.
- Assist in driving simplification with strategic planning, material procurement timing, order release timing requirements, available capacity and lead times.
- Build on existing manufacturing planning and control processes to ensure adequate deliverables and actions surrounding resource planning.
- Partner with Plant/DC logistics team supporting global distribution model to drive customer fulfillment & optimal cash/cost position.
- Work with local teams to ensure adequate supply chain materials support for meeting annual spares delivery commitments.
- Work with Drilling Services sites/regions to ensure inventory control and replenishment processes consistent with standardized material control practices.
- Demonstrates leadership in communicating business goals/programs/processes for the manufacturing business segment. Has the experience or expertise to solve problems. Able to develop and execute objectives for self and others through managing by influence.
To be successful in this role you will:
Work in a way that works for you
- Have completed Bachelor studies in engineering or supply chain with 5+ years relevant experience in a Supply Chain/manufacturing or Materials Planning and Execution
- Be able to demonstrate experience in an influential leadership or supervisory role
- Be able to manage multiple priorities under tight deadlines
- Demonstrate effective problem identification and solution skills
- Be experienced and comfortable questioning and influencing stakeholders towards change and positive outcomes
- Be a motivated self-starter, proactively taking the initiative to lead and solve problems
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
Working with us
- Typically Monday-Friday 8:00am-5:00pm
- Occasionally remote working from home or another work location
- Flexibility within the day or week to get the job done
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other. Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient. Join Us
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company with a global reach and exciting services and clients? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will energize and inspire you!About Us:
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient. Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.