Posted: Nov 30, 2021
Posted: Nov 30, 2021
Skills: Process Engineer
Experience: 20 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Wood is currently seeking a Principal Process Engineer to join our Life Sciences (Biotechnology / Pharmaceuticals) team within our Philadelphia office to develop life-changing and in many cases, life-saving solutions for our clients.
On a global scale, Wood serves the Life Sciences, Oil & Gas, Federal, Infrastructure, Manufacturing, Mining, and Power Industries. Our Philadelphia office has become the Center of Excellence for our global Life Sciences network, providing full-service pharmaceutical and biotechnology engineering, design, procurement, and project management services.
We're looking for an energetic, self-motivated individual with the ability to execute all phases of project design. Project sizes will vary and will include both existing building improvements and new construction.
- Providing world-class process engineering expertise to our clients and to the global process engineering department
- Significantly contributes to business growth through client relationships and support of proposals and presentations
- Establishing a process design basis, developing process options, and optimization of selected design
- Conceiving, planning, and executing Feasibility and Conceptual studies
- Identifying new technologies driven by customer needs now and in the future
- Developing process flow diagrams to define heat and material balance(s)
- Designing and creating Process & Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs)
- Calculating loads for clean utilities, line sizing, and distribution design (e.g. water for injection, clean steam, process gases)
- Participating in project planning, cost development, and project scheduling
- Preparing long-range strategic plans for all of processing engineering North America (training, recruiting, technology & tools development)
- Coaching and empowering of the engineers within process engineering North America
- Review of vendor drawings, design partner submittals, and RFIs where required
- Regularly represents Wood as a thought-leader at conferences and other public events
Skills / Qualifications
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, decision making capabilities, problem resolution skills, and a sense of initiative are important for this industry
- Maintains an expert level understanding of process department standards & guidelines, as well as applicable engineering codes and standards
- Knowledge of relevant regulatory framework and legislation
- Demonstrates a high degree of creativity, innovation, and ambition
- Minimum of 20 years' experience within pharmaceuticals and biotechnology
- BS or MS in chemical / mechanical / bio engineering required
- Flexibility to travel (~10%)
- Knowledge of cGMPs required
- International experience required
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.