Skills: Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineer
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Austin, Texas, United States
Overview / Responsibilities
We are looking for Water Resources/Civil Engineer with greater than 15 years of experience that enjoys the technical & project management aspects in water resources engineering associated with flood mitigation projects across the Gulf Coast states. This is an opportunity to expand your career as a senior professional and leader with a growing engineering and environmental consulting operation that values its employee's enthusiasm and technical contributions. We are looking for a seller/doer that understands the Gulf Coast water resources, flood risk, and flood mitigation market. We are looking for someone with water resources project management experience including but not limited to FEMA Flood Risk program, general watershed studies, flood mitigation studies, dams, levee systems, streambank stabilization, municipal stormwater studies, and civil design.
The Texas Operation is anticipating continued multi-discipline growth over the next 5-7 years. This opportunity will allow the Water Resources Manager to work with a dynamic group of flood resiliency and climate change specialists throughout North America that is continuously growing providing career opportunities for its team.
- Evaluate potential opportunities, determining the strategic fit within Wood's organizational strategy, the likelihood of success with this opportunity (both sales success and margin success from project execution), in coordination and supported by Wood Key Specialty Leads in Water Resources and Civil Works
- Coordinate and manage water resources, watershed/floodplain studies and/or storm water management projects.
- Manage the growing water resources group.
- Manage sales/profit, being externally/client focused, meeting or exceeding budgeted metrics, and resource management, while also ensuring the highest possible standards of integrity, safety, quality and operational excellence.
- Develop and manage proposal efforts, business strategies, and lead in contract negotiations including but not limited to terms & conditions, scope, and budget
- Effectively convey proposed work efforts and project results in technical documents, interviews, and oral presentations.
- Develop and maintain client relationships.
- Support Texas marketing initiatives.
- Collaborate with Wood's nationally established Flood Risk Program.
Skills / Qualifications
- BS degree in Civil or Agricultural Engineering or related engineering field
- PE Certification
- >15 years' experience is required
- USACE, Texas General Land Office, and TWDB design experience required
- Preferred Software experience:.
- USACE HEC Programs (HEC-HMS, HEC-RAS, etc)
- SWMM (PC-SWMM, XP-SWMM, Innovyze Products, etc)
- 2-Dimentiional Flow Modelling (HECRAS 2D, FLO-2D, RiverFlow 2D, SRH-2D, etc)
- ESRI ArcGIS
- Has Established Texas and Louisiana Relationships
- Experience with Large Proposal Efforts
- Experience in digital innovation / tools and methodologies applicable to the flood resilience industry
- Experience and ability to develop and sustain client relationships and negotiate Master Services Agreements
- Knowledge of engineering and construction contract terms and conditions
- Good technical writing and communication skills.
- Must pass a drug screen, background check, and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.