Skills: Design Engineer, Piping Engineer
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Location: Greenville, South Carolina, United States
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood currently has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Piping Design Lead. This position reports to the Mechanical/Piping Department Manager as well as the Project Team Lead. If you have a successful track record and thrive on challenges in a fast-paced environment, this is the opportunity for you.
- Layout of Process equipment systems using 2D and 3D software packages to produce drawings from concept through construction issue.
- Designs and Models piping systems including supports using 3D modeling software. Aveva PDMS or E3D preferred.
- Generates Piping design and detail drawings including General Layouts, Piping Orthographics, Isometrics and Pipe Support Details utilizing 2D and 3D modeling software.
- Has the ability to perfrom pipe stress analysis, preferably with Caesar II software.
- Coordinates designs with other piping team members and with other engineering disciplines in the design of Client facilities.
- Evaluate vendor equipment for design applications and assist with equipment specifications and reviews.
- Examine and validate drawings for quality and compliance.
- Examine, validate and coordinate other discipline designs for compliance with layouts.
- Work with laser scanning vendors to get "as-built" information and work into design.
- Visit Client plant sites to evaluate design options and take necessary measurements.
- Provide leadership in executiing projects of other engineers and designers including HVEC (off shore - high value engineering centers) desgin teams.
- Willingness to visit project sites (accoassioanlly for extended trips) to gain project information and work with clients in the design and planning of projects.
Skills / Qualifications
- 10 year minimum experience with piping engineering, equipment layout, piping layout, design, and supports involving:
- Power Plants
- Water Treatment Plants
- Process and Chemical Plants
- Forest Industry Plants
- Minimum Associates degree or 2 year College coarse work, preference is a 4 year engineering degree. Experience in lieu of Education may be considered.
- 5 years of 3D CAD design experience in a technical software platform such as Aveva PDMS (E3D), Intergraph PDS or SmartPlant, or others. Aveva E3D is a plus.
- Minimum of 2 years of 2D AutoCad experience.
- Proficient in Navisworks 3D model software for design review.
- Extensive knowledge of piping design standards, specifications, stress analysis, guidelines and procedures.
- Extensive knowledge of pipe support design.
- Capable of performing pipe stress analysis and ability to work with other pipe stress engineers.
- Working knowledge of ASME B31.1 and ASME B31.3 piping codes
- Experience with equipment design, layout, and installation of systems is required.
- Site engineering and construction experience is a plus.
- MS Office suite skills required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills preferred.
- Effectively communicate with all levels of an organization staff.
- Must be able to physical move about in an Industrial Plant and be able to climb ladders, stairs, and access tight places.
- Occasional travel to project site is required.
- Must be able to take field measurements with tape measure, and other electronic measuring devices.
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.