Skills: Process Engineer
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Oakville, Ontario, Canada
Wood is currently seeking a Process Engineer to join our Mining & Minerals team in Oakville, Ontario who will apply knowledge of process engineering principles and practices to the organization's products and services.
- Serve as a process engineer on mineral processing projects; executing process engineering activities on large and/or technically complex portion of a project and/or serve in an individual contributor role for specific tasks.
- Develop process plant material balance, process design criteria, PFDs, P&IDs, plant layouts and 3-D models, technical specifications, technical evaluations and provide recommendations for equipment purchases
- Develop process circuit design from analysis and interpretation of test-work program results or plant data
- Participate in process plant HAZOP reviews Participate in design reviews (model reviews, ergonomics, maintainability) and managing resolution of action items
- Provide test work definition, supervision and interpretation
- Liaise with client process engineers on design issues and incorporating client requirements in a cost effective and low risk manner
- Provide on-site support during construction and commissioning, or for operational improvement
- Assist in the development of capital and operating cost estimates for metallurgical processes
- Prepare and or assist in proposals, design drawings, calculations, equipment data sheets and specifications and other engineering documentation using standards and/or new methods as required
- Coordinate and interface with equipment suppliers as required, respond to technical clarifications
- Participate in the preparation of technical evaluations of supplier's proposals
- Work and communicate with project management team
- Perform or review engineering and design tasks requiring operation of available computer assisted software and/or equipment that increments work productivity and accuracy
- Assure that all work on assigned projects is timely, accurate and high quality
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management
Skills / Qualifications
- Undergraduate Degree in Mineral Processing, Metallurgical Engineering or related discipline
- 3-10 years equivalent recent experience in mineral processing or metallurgy
- Experience in base or precious metals processing, copper and gold would be preferred
- Experience in mining effluents water treatment plants will be considered an asset
- Ability to register as a Professional Engineer in Ontario
- Well-developed analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong presentation skills are considered an asset.
- A high level of customer service to clients and internal stakeholders is critical at all times by way of achieving high levels of client satisfaction by building relationships and performing quality service.
- Reasonable contribution to enhancement of value-adding outputs and positive teamwork within the Process Group is essential.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with customers and vendors
- Authorization to work lawfully in Canada without sponsorship from Wood is required
- Willingness to relocate to Greater Toronto Area
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.