Skills: Safety Engineering
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Reading, England, United Kingdom
Wood currently has a requirement in our Design HSE group for a Senior/Principal Tech Safety Engineer to work as an agency contractor in our Reading office on a specific project for the next 12 months.
We are currently looking for a professional with the drive and commitment to make a genuine difference to ensure that Wood continues to differentiate itself from its competitors by delivering quality projects to our client's requirements.
- Preparing and executing process safety activities and deliverables including HSE Philosophies, HSE Plans, consequence modelling, HAZOP, HAZID and SIL
- Writing Health and Safety Plans and Philosophies
- Supporting design safety case
- ALARP reporting
- Preparation of escape-evacuation and system survivability studies
- Reviewing project documentation
- Conducting safety studies and risk assessments both qualitative and quantitative
- Conducting process safety reviews
- Participating in HAZOP, HAZIDs and SIL reviews
- Overseeing process safety issues and deliverables
- Meeting project deadlines and milestones for deliverables
- Liaising with project management and client
- Interpreting process safety related legislation and standards
- Conducting technical work within budgetary and time constraints
Skills / Qualifications
- Degree in an Engineering discipline, preferably Chemical or Process Engineering
- Membership of a recognised professional institution
- Experience within an engineering contractor or consultancy, operator, or other relevant organisation
- Experience of working in the process industry and energy, oil and gas, refining and petrochemical sectors
- Exhibit a broad experience of a range of process safety topics and be able to demonstrate understanding across these topics
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good Microsoft Office skills and general computing skills
- Experience working across multiple business sectors
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.