Company: WTS Energy
Skills: Project Engineer
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
The Senior Project Engineer (SPE) will be able to take a project from conception to completion with little or no supervision. The SPE will be responsible for large capital and maintenance projects utilizing engineering staff, outside engineering sources, regulatory bodies, fabricators, shipyards and the purchasing department to the fullest extent.
-Take any size project from conceptual design all of the way through final design and implementation including:
-Identify work scope of projects and determine if the project should be handled internally or sub-contracted to an outside engineering firm
-Develop conceptual designs
-Schedule a project based on current resources
-Manage outside engineering firms
-Review and approve drawings
-See projects through the ABS, USCG, and U.S. Army Corp. of Engineering approval process
-Develop and maintain detailed budgets and schedules
-Negotiate price and schedule with shipyards, fabricators and venders
-Oversee shipyard fabrications and installations when required
-Assist in settling shipyard or subcontractor invoices
-Work with Fleet Accountant for capital budgeting and reporting
-Mentor and guide project engineers, staff engineers, designers and draftsmen in all facets of vessel and mechanical design as well as project management.
-Work with purchasing and equipment engineers in the procurement process to ensure technical and product quality.
-Onsite office position
** Full COVID 19 Vaccination Required
• Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering, Ocean Engineering or Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering.
• 15 years of experience in engineering, 10 years in marine or dredging related industry.
• Registered Professional Engineer (PE) Preferred.
• Proficient in the use of 2-D and 3-D Autodesk Product Design Suite and Nastran In-CAD for Inventor, Microsoft Excel and Word, Working --knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Project and PowerPoint.Creative Systems General Hydrostatics (GHS) for naval architects.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Project and Powerpoint.
• Must have a proven record of successful shipyard project management experience.