Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada
Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada
Skills: Crew Chief
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada
Wood is currently seeking a Survey Crew Chief to join our team in Lethbridge , Alberta
As much as possible, we aim to hire in the local communities where we are working. In some cases, this may not be achievable, and people may need to undertake out of town travel to a worksite. Wood will provide accommodations and subsistence for crews when out of town work is required.
Role and Responsibilities :
- Survey of local roads, highways, drainage and bridge surveys for preliminary design and construction layout & construction flagging
- Complete alignment surveys; carry out preliminary surveys; construction staking for earth; excavation, grading and paving contracts, compilations of notes for final quantities and payment certificates; use of electronic and conventional survey equipment.
- Candidates must have experience and be successful in the following: establishing control, data collection, construction layout, quantity pickup and calculations, manual drafting of transit notes and processing survey data via computer software
- Position will require occasional travel throughout Alberta, BC, and Saskatchewan
Skills / Qualifications
- Graduation from a Survey, Civil Engineering, Civil/Geomatics Technology program is preferred
- Experience with the use of survey instruments and equipment including Trimble GPS, Total Stations, and levels
- Minimum 1 year experience as a Survey Party Chief
- Candidate must have a valid Alberta Class 5 driver's license
- Candidate must possess a strong understanding of coordinate geometry as it relates to construction surveying
- The ideal candidate has a strong work ethic and demonstrates an attention to detail
Preferred Skills :
- Experience with Construction surveying for the layout of rural roads and highways would be considered an asset
Physical Demands :
- This position is physically demanding and requires long periods of standing/walking through rough terrain in construction environments, therefore only candidates willing to work in these conditions need apply
- Role may require extended out of town trips including overnight hotel stays
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.