Skills: Accounting, IT - SAP / ERP
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Bata, Equatorial Guinea
Wood is currently recruiting for a SAP Accountant Supervisor, the successful applicant will be responsible for the mentoring, training and development of a local team on the use of the SAP JVFICO system.
Also facilitating the implementation and support of SAP Financials with a focus on Joint Venture Accounting in order to enhance quality of financial statements, maintain / best practices/ reports.
The position is based in Equatorial Guinea, working on a rotational basis, the normal rotation is 12 weeks on / 3 weeks off, working 6 days per week.
KEY DUTIES & ACCOUNTABILTIES:
- Assist in developing and maintaining internal control processes to ensure that the Finance team performs its functions in line with business requirements and best financial accounting practices.
- Mentor, train and develop local team and provide ongoing support/guidance pertaining to required SAP finance & accounting skills in Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivables, Joint Venture Accounting, Accruals, Balance Sheet accounts reconciliations, etc.
- Support the development and maintenance of processes to perform periodic balance sheet reconciliations
- Support the development and maintenance of a Cost Recovery Statement Report
- Perform business process optimization by carrying out detailed analyses of complex business process requirements and provide appropriate system solutions; identify, interpret, validate and document business requirements; discover errors and issues in Finance team's processes, documentation or user's lack of experience
- Prepare a blueprint for implementing SAP JVFICO related projects to automate finance department processes; create and maintain financial reports within SAP JVFICO system; and configure SAP JVFICO modules based on business requirements
- Continually look for improvement opportunities in business systems and processes and apply enhancement for end user based on organizational requirements
- Sort out day to day queries of SAP JVFICO end users
- Assist with and be a resource for miscellaneous department related activities such as tax accounting, audits, etc.
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelors and/or Masters' Degree (preferred) in Finance, Accounting, or Business Administration, etc. with an emphasis on Management Information Systems, Digital and Technology Strategy, etc
- Any Chartered/Certified Accountant (CPA, ACA, etc.) certification is an advantage
- A number of years of experience in SAP supporting General Ledger (GL) plus 3 or more of the following functions: Accounts Payable (AP), Accounts Receivable (AR), Cost and Profit Centre Accounting
- Experiencing with the configuration of SAP JVFICO modules and FI integration points with other SAP modules especially MM
- Experience working in a Finance & Accounting team is an advantage
- Strong knowledge of IFRS accounting rules, financial reporting, technical skills
PC Application Skills:
- IT literate with proficiency in word processing, report writing and delivering presentations
- Competent in communicating in English language
- Teamwork, proactive inter-personal communications with peers and subordinates, work under pressure, time management, handles multi-task, self-initiative and innovative, persuasive, work independently, accountability, analytical thinking, assertiveness, details oriented, adaptable with different cultures, flexibility, leadership, decision making, self-motivation.
- Ability to apply deductive reasoning and draw conclusions to solve problems and facilitate decision-making processes. Ability to articulate concepts and recommendations in a clear and concise manner
- Organizational and time management skills, including ability to prioritize ongoing and new projects and ability to complete work on schedule.
- Strong work ethic, accountability, and team mentality
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.