Skills: Geotechnical Engineer
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Reading, England, United Kingdom
Wood currently has an opportunity for a Geotechnical Engineer to support a range of projects in our Reading office on a part time, 2 days a week basis.
- Review and comment on Geotechnical Investigation Reports and other deliverables submitted by Subcontractor carrying out the survey, testing and analysis work
- Co - ordinate and interface with the Client and the designated Subcontractor
- Co - ordinate with all disciplines to ensure that their survey requirements are captured
- Work closely with the Commercial team to keep track of changes to the scope of work
Skills / Qualifications
- Minimum BSc / BEng (Hons) in Civil Engineering, Geotechnical or other relevant land science degree with experience in Civil Design
- Chartered Membership would be an advantage (or nearing application to a relevant institution)
- Experience of ground improvement techniques, dewatering and piling advantageous.
- Good interpersonal skills
- O&G experience
- Able to work within a team environment
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.