Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The primary responsibility of this position is to support the Project Manager initiate, plan, execute, monitor, and close a single or multiple projects to ensure that goals and objectives of the projects are safely accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters and the customer receives a quality product or service which meets or exceeds all requirements.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Support for drafting, bidding and subsequent contract cost mitigation, project specifications and execution for the Survey Group.
- Preparation of project documentation. Develops Survey project plans/procedures; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress of those changes using Management of Change; Completes projects on time and within budget; assists Project Manager as required.
• Interfacing with client and members of the offshore survey operations ensuring management of processes and non-conforming events of those processes.
• Audit and ensure accuracy in all reports and logs.
• Proposing and implementing changes in processes.
• Required to multi-task, using critical thinking and problem-solving skills, to foresee and react to project developments.
• Ensure tasks are properly completed, as those tasks impact greatly on cost containment, quality, efficiency and profitability of operations.
• Regularly audit the record keeping of repetitive tasks.
• Involves organizing, work prioritization and related skills, and/or a great deal of client and subordinate interface is necessary to properly complete tasks via teamwork.
• Required to work harmoniously with clients, contractors and other employees within all Business Lines using the interpersonal skills required of the work setting.
• Work commitments, projects or the general continuity of the job are interrupted as needs dictate.
• Requires the ability and willingness to adapt, overcome, and make decisions to make adjustments to the normal job efforts.
- Implementation of HSE and Quality Management Systems and compliance with local regulations and preparation.
- Verify System compliance with all Technical, Operational, Quality and HSE Bulletins.
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Reports to the Survey Manager (Region)
- Relevant experience in Survey practice or demonstrates the equivalent skill level and knowledge to perform the required duties.
- Must posess computer skills and be proficient with Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, Project)
- Ability to learn and navigate in PeopleSoft or similar enterprise management software, AutoCAD®, Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software.
- Must hold/maintain a valid passport and be able to obtain visas for international travel
- BSc in a Geomatics or Engineering or a related discipline
- Experience managing survey projects is preferred.
- Familiarity with Offshore operational activities
- PMP Certification
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Ability to determine and meet customer needs.
- Ensures that others involved in a project or effort are kept informed about developments and plans
- Ability to establish and maintain project priorities.
- Ability to plan, organize and direct the work of others.
Working Conditions (Requires Regional Variance)
This position is considered OFFICE WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Almost exclusively indoors during the day and occasionally at night.
- Occasional exposure to airborne dust in the workplace.
- Work surface is stable (flat).
- May require site visits
- Office work may also be considered working remotely from home in certain conditions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered LIGHT work.
- Lift up to 20 pounds
- Climbing, stooping, kneeling, squatting, and reaching
- Lift up to 10 pounds
- Repetitive movements of arms and hands
- Sit with back supported
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.