Skills: Civil Engineering
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Oakville, Ontario, Canada
Wood's Resilient Environments group based in Oakville, ON are currently seeking an Intermediate Hydrologist / Civil Engineer to join our dynamic mining team. This is an exciting opportunity to join an established and growing team!
Ideal candidates will have a Bachelor of Science degree in Civil /Environmental Engineering, and preferably a Master of Science degree and Professional Engineer (P Eng) certification, accompanied by 3-5 years of experience, preferably in the mining industry.
- Perform water balance calculations
- Develop hydrologic and hydraulic models for mining applications
- Design of hydraulic structures related to mine water management
- Conduct field investigations
- Produce written reports
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in civil/environmental engineering or equivalent; Master's degree is a plus
- 3-5 years of experience, preferably in the mining industry
- Experience preparing water balance and statistical analyses; GoldSim experience a plus
- Experience with HEC-HMS, HEC-RAS, SWMHYMO and SWMM model suites; 2-dimensional modelling experience a plus
- Experience with hydraulic structure design - channels, culverts, weirs and spillways
- Knowledge of mine water management
- Dam break experience a plus
- Experience using AutoCAD and GIS mapping software a plus
- Experience completing stream flow measurements a plus
- Technical writing and communication skills
- Strong work ethic
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.