Field Specialist IIDo you enjoy being part of a successful team?
Do you like working in collaborative teams and solving technical problems?
Join our Turbomachinery Team!
Our Turbomachinery & Process Solutions team provides industry-leading products and services that optimize the extraction, production and processing of energy. We help a diverse range of customers across the value chain to reduce operating costs and improve productivity.
Partner with the best
The Field Service Representative is responsible for providing on-site mechanical/ technical direction and operating support of Power Transmission Equipment within customer facilities during commissioning, start-up, operations, preventive maintenance, and trouble-shooting situations in accordance with engineering best practice and contractual work scope requirements.
As a Field Specialist II, you will be responsible for:
- Providing general technical direction and assistance to the customer in the operation, maintenance, repair, logistic support, and installation of Power Transmission equipment
- Providing Project and Field Service management with complete and prompt information regarding status of jobs, customer problems
- Traveling to customer sites, both domestic and international, to consult, advise, collaborate, and train customer's personnel concerning equipment operation, repairs, and warranty service.
- Performing routine field repairs of Power Transmission products in the most practical, economical, and timely manner.
- Verifying that the installation of new Power Transmission products comply with engineering requirements in order to ensure warranty coverage
- Providing technical assistance through on-site guidance and training in proper operation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of assigned programs and ground support equipment, including the use and proper interpretation of data and technical instructions
- Assisting customer in scheduling maintenance and workload
- Anticipating requirements beyond those that immediately affect the program and assist in implementing actions to satisfy those requirements
- Maintaining knowledge of new developments and technologies of Lufkin and other manufacturers' equipment in order to provide the highest standard of service
Fuel your passion
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have Associate's degree preferred or equivalent from an accredited two-year college (OR a High School Diploma / GED with a minimum of 2 years of experience in field service or equivalent technical experience)
- Have proven mechanical abilities
- Have ability to read and interpret detail drawings, documents, specifications, and instructions such as safety rules, operating and maintenance, procedure manuals and ability to solve practical problems related to gear repair equipment.
- Have oral and written communication skills
- Have ability and willingness to travel internationally, work on remote and/or offshore locations on short notice
- Have ability and willingness to work overtime, weekends and holidays, as required
- Have ability and willingness to work in a hands-on environment and able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Have ability and willingness to work in a constant pushing, pulling, lifting, stretching, bending and other physical activities
- Have ability and willingness to work inside and outside, as required
- Have ability and willingness to travel up to 80% of the time
- Have ability and willingness to possess a valid passport with no travel restrictions
- To the extent that you are applying for a position that requires you to operate a Baker Hughes / leased or rented vehicle for company business, you must be willing to submit to a check of your driving record
- Have Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university
- Have Knowledge of industry-wide gear product design standards, manufacturing, testing, installation, operation, diagnostic analysis, repair, and maintenance, of Lufkin Gears and other company's products.
- Have interpersonal and leadership skills
- Be able to interface at all levels of the organization both internally and external
- Have effective technical report writing skills with the ability to clearly convey detailed, complex mechanical procedures.
As part of our commitment to the health & safety of our employees, customers and the communities in which we operate, this role requires full vaccination for COVID-19 prior to beginning work.
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their be at is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
• Working flexible hours - flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit everything in and work when you are the most productive
Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
• Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
• Comprehensive private medical care options
• Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
• Tailored financial programs
• Additional elected or voluntary benefits
Candidates can be located anywhere in the US.
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company with a global reach and exciting services and clients? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will energize and inspire you!About Us:
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient. Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.