Skills: Budget / Cost Control, Estimating
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Aberdeen, United Kingdom
- As the Cost Estimator, your primary responsibility will be to manage all cost estimating activities for our project business, through establishing a new cost data base and managing cost estimates for our project tenders.
- Work as the primary anchor for all cost estimating activities
- Create and maintain a cost database for our project business
- Manage feedback and validate cost estimates with actual costs from completed projects
- Create and manage cost estimates for project tenders and budgetary proposals
- Support our Procurement Department to identify requirements for Frame Agreements
- Maintain and continuously develop existing Cost Calculators, Assess alternative tools for cost estimation
- Produce accurate cashflows to ensure neutral / positive project funding and help negotiate milestone payments
- Ensure consistency in how we estimate costs across regions and scopes
- Take an active role in developing the process of cost estimation participation in ad-hoc workgroups, make proposals to process changes to further strengthen this area, etc.
Who we are looking for:
- Applicants for this vacancy should offer extensive experience with cost estimation and support of project tenders.
- Experience of the oil & gas and/or offshore wind sector(s) is essential and a must, as is a degree qualification in Finance, Business, Engineering or other relevant discipline.
- A commercial mindset and strong MS Excel skills are required.
- Experience from EPCI tendering and contracting is preferred.
Applicants should have a Work Permit to work in the UK
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.