Company: NES Fircroft
Skills: Gas Plant Operations, Production Operator
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Norwich, England, United Kingdom
This is a great opportunity for a self-motivated individual to join our Projects team as an Area Authority. This position is responsible for the safe control of work activities for a major project at our clients Gas terminal facility
This role will be based at Bacton working 12-hour shifts covering days and nights on a 7 day off 7 day on rotation.
• Ensure all work on the Terminal is completed in compliance with the Control of Work Procedure and company Operational Management System.
• Ensure that all work requiring a permit has a joint AA or delegate and Performing Authority work site visit in support of ensuring required controls are in place.
• Ensure that the appropriate level of risk assessment has been carried out for the task and that this has used the hierarchy of control measures. This includes both work not requiring a permit and tasks which require a Permit with Level 1 or Level 2 risk assessment.
• Ensure that all of the prerequisite control measures have been put in place prior to allowing a permit to go live.
• Conducting a discussion with the PA prior to work starting, to ensure that they fully understand the scope of the task and the controls set out in the risk assessment.
• Ensure that the Performing Authority carries out a pre-job safety Toolbox Talk (the process by which the PA discusses with the work party the task, hazards and controls) at the worksite with the other members of the work party before any work commences.
• Approval of isolation design, control of isolation implementation and ensuring that the isolation is in place prior to allowing an associated Permit to go live. Also ensuring that the isolation is properly removed after completion of the Permit.
• With the support of the Operations representative, participate in planning discussions regarding isolations required for Tie- in workscopes.
SEC & Personal Safety Courses (desirable):
• Asbestos Awareness
• Authorised Gas Tester Awareness
• Confined Space Awareness
• LOLER Awareness or higher level
• Risk Assessment Level 2 (Task Based Risk Assessment)
• PUWER Awareness
• SIRP Awareness
Requirements/Qualifications & Experience
• Ideally qualified to a minimum of HNC level or equivalent in an Engineering / Operations Discipline.
• 10 years' experience in the Oil and Gas Industry.
• Knowledge of Control of Work (P2W)
• Operational Risk Assessment
• Safe Isolation and Reinstatement of Plant would be advantageous
• Management of Change.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.