Weatherford is the leading wellbore and production solutions company. Operating in more than 75 countries, the Company answers the challenges of the energy industry with its global talent network of approximately 17,000 team members and 380 locations, which include service, research and development, training, and manufacturing facilities. Visit weatherford.com for more information or connect on LinkedIn , Facebook , Twitter , Instagram , or YouTube .
We're looking to the future with a clear vision and a strong mission.
Our goal is to address the headwinds facing the industry, revolutionize the oilfield with digital technology, integrated solutions, and world-class talent.
We accept every challenge for the benefit of our Company, our industry, and the world. Our technology leadership delivers solutions that rise to every occasion, supply the best outcomes in each operation, and give power to all customers.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program and opportunities for on-going training and career development. VEVRAA Federal Contractor - Priority Referral Requested.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer Females/ Minorities/ Veterans/Disabled and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Responsibilities Job Purpose
This position is for a Senior Software Engineer on a team responsible for implementing controller support for Linux Edge products. The primary responsibility is to develop and maintain software that communicates with and/or runs on hardware that is used to monitor resources in the oil and gas industry. This position requires excellent technical skills plus the ability to mentor less experienced team members. Activities also include testing and debugging of new or existing software, making suggestions for problem solutions or software enhancements and assisting in the development of user manuals. Our teams employ Agile processes to create a high performing software development environment. Qualifications Experience & Education Required:
- Minimum 5 years of programming experience
- E/B.Tech or M.E/M.Tech/MS degree in Computer Science or related Engineering discipline.
- E/B.Tech with 5+ years of device drivers and firmware development experience using C++ on Linux-based platform.
Knowledge, Skills, & Ability Required:
- Experience with device protocols such as SNMP, SCSI, and Modbus
- Experience with development and deployment of firmware running on Linux-based platform
- Ability to configure hardware per manufacturer's user guides
- Expert knowledge of object-oriented programming using C++ and/or C#
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Ability to work well with others within a distributed team environment
- Familiarity with oil and gas applications, including RTU devices
- Experience with development tools such as Microsoft Visual Studio and .NET Core
- Understanding of client-server architecture
- Understanding of real-time computer systems
- Understanding of network communications
- Experience with the Agile Scrum process