Skills: Environmental, Safety & Training
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Windsor, Ontario, Canada
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is currently seeking a Junior to Intermediate Environmental Field Technician to join our team in Windsor, Ontario.
The successful candidate will have a diploma or university degree in a related field, be hands-on, mechanically inclined and enjoy working in the outdoors in all weather conditions. The role will be predominantly field sampling and can include long hours and occasional evening and weekend work. This is an opportunity to grow your career and work on challenging projects with a leading consultancy, engineering and project management firm.
- Supervision of drilling operations for environmental investigations which will involve the installation of boreholes and monitoring wells, logging the boreholes, soil classification and collection of soil and bedrock samples, carrying out field testing using a variety of instruments, and prepare soil samples for laboratory analyses as required;
- Carry out groundwater sampling and monitoring programs involving the use field instruments/equipment (downhole data loggers, low flow sampling equipment and flow through meters to measure field parameters), and prepare groundwater samples for laboratory analyses as required;
- Perform a variety of field tests to determine soil classification and properties;
- Assist with the compilation of field data, record keeping and coordination of work including communication through verbal and written correspondence;
- Assist with the preparation of Phase I / II ESAs, ground water monitoring and remediation reports and proposals;
- Collaborate with other Wood environmental staff on projects in the region.
Skills / Qualifications
- You have a College diploma or University degree in Geotechnical, Geological, Civil and Environmental engineering programs which have included studies in one or more of soils, geology, hydrogeology, environmental site assessment and site remediation;
- You have 3-7 years of related work experience;
- You have strong written and oral communication (English) skills;
- You have a desire to provide excellent practical client service and a commitment to technical excellence;
- You are available to work overtime, if necessary;
- You have a valid driver's license and vehicle appropriate for carrying field equipment;
- You are willing to travel (mostly within Southern Ontario, but with occasional remote northern or out of province projects);
- You have working knowledge of Microsoft office (Word and Excel);
- You enjoy and are capable of working in adverse weather conditions and working long, physically demanding and varied hours in remote locations;
- You're able to lift 50 lbs, and conduct other physically strenuous tasks such as shoveling and hand augering, etc.;
- You're team-oriented, self-motivated and safety conscience with strong problem solving skills;
- Experience working around heavy equipment is an asset.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of around $10 billion. We provide performance driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.