Skills: Quantity Surveying
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Birmingham, England, United Kingdom
Provide management, supervision, and guidance of the day to day commercial activities for delivery of the project requirements. This scope will cover cost control, cost and value reporting, risk management, subcontract administration and change management to ensure maximum commercial performance of the project.
Ensure effective co - ordination of all commercial activities with delivery and support functions in accordance with all relevant Wood policies and procedures.
Ensure effective commercial handover from pre contract on contract award.
The Project Quantity Surveyors main deliverables and responsibilities are listed below:
- Effective commercial management of the project in accordance with all relevant Wood policies and procedures
- Ensure cost control is maintained on a project basis throughout all functions (procurement, delivery, design etc.)
- Support the Project Manager in respect of both project and commercial deliverables
- Providing support and mentoring Assistant and other QSs within the respective Project as appropriate
- Accountable for the management, collation, interpretation, and analysis of project commercial records
- Accountable for the production of accurate and robust Monthly Cost & Value Reconciliation reports, Monthly Project Reviews, etc.
- Identification of risks and opportunities to project spend / budgets
- Provide Sub - Contractor management to the Project
- Management of the commercial aspects of the project with the customer
- Accountable for ensuring that all Early Warning Notifications, Notifications of Compensation Events (variations), Quotations, etc. produced to the required standards and submitted in accordance with contractual time scales
- Manage the compliance and suitability surrounding processes and procedures on a project basis
- Liaising with Finance to ensure correct cost reporting
- Support and champion the delivery of Wood values and associated KPI's
- To work within established Wood policies and procedures
- Promote Wood values and standards and exhibit appropriate behavior in accordance with Company ethos
- To demonstrate safety, integrity & commitment at all times
- Maintain and promote a safe working environment and demonstrate correct HSSE behaviors and leadership
- Effective communication and coordination with all major stakeholders (internal and external to the project, customer organization etc.)
- Management of assistant QS's
Skills / Qualifications
The Project QS must have good communication skills, with the drive to lead in the delivery of Wood core values, processes, and procedures in an ethical manner. Have sound knowledge of commercial management processes and procedures.
- HNC / HND or equivalent in and Engineering or Quantity Surveying discipline
Knowledge, skills, and experience :
- Experience in similar transmission and distribution, civils, or power industries
- Experience in quantity surveying roles
- Experience of direct client interface working
- Transmission and Distribution Experience preferred but not essential
- Experience in portfolio / framework management roles
- Good experience in managing HSE and quality standards
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.