Skills: Mechanical Engineering, Piping Engineer
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Kolkata, West Bengal, India
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for Consultant- Piping with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry, to be based at the Kolkata, India office.
- Supervising production and carrying out various piping activities and preparation of deliverables as identified in the Functional Competencies as necessary on their appointed project
- Signing and checking of drawings and documents in accordance with correct procedures
- Ensuring engineering and design quality, technical accuracy of drawings, material quantities, etc.
- Execution of assigned work in accordance with applicable contract procedures and client and projects standards
- Adhering to FW engineering procedures for design safety and adopting safe attitudes towards engineering design and raising features affecting the safety and integrity of the project with appropriate authorities
- Conceptualisation and implementation of all piping CAD functions to extract deliverables with appropriate details on their appointed project
Skills / Qualifications
- Trade certificate of Industrial Training Institute in Mechanical Draughtsman (Essential)
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering (Desirable)
- 15 - 20 years for Principal Designer, 20+ years of relevant experience or equivalent for Senior Principal Designer
- Gained in-depth engineering experience in the world class process plant / or power industry, working in a project environment for a major consultancy company
- Project experience of working in a variety of critical projects including grassroots, brownfield and revamp types and at least have proven expertise in one type/phase of industry
- Proven experience of leading design teams for production
- Site experience on construction based site assignments for at least one project throughout piping fabrication, erection testing and handover cycle
- Have experience in handling critical piping design issues, developing layouts for complex plants and clear understanding of interdependence of piping disciplines
- Experienced and proficient in using intelligent CAD systems for various types of projects
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.