Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
Wood is searching for a Roustabout with experience in the oil and gas industry.
Work schedule of 14x14 with a work terminal out of Mouton Cove, LA.
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required.
• Under direct supervision, responsible for performing operations and maintenance duties on a platform production facility.
• Monitors and interprets meters, gauges, pumps, compressors, instrument readings and charts.
• Maintain production data in multiple forms.
• Notifies supervisory personnel of production and maintenance issues that require corrective action.
• Starts, operates, inspects and performs routine maintenance of facility equipment.
• Operates and monitors radio and telephone communications equipment as required for platform operations, logistics and reporting.
• Operates pedestal/boom cranes using hand and foot controls to transfer personnel and supplies to and from platform.
• Responsible for following safety procedures and maintaining safety data.
• Responsible for participating in all safety training and assisting in safety procedures such as basic first aid, CPR, fire drills and emergency evacuation.
• Handles and mixes a variety of substances (such as acids, chemicals, oils) in large containers, ensuring proper use of production equipment.
• May be required to travel to worksite via marine or helicopter transport.
• May be required to reside at worksite on a predetermined work rotation schedule.
• Additional duties as instructed by supervisor.
Skills / Qualifications
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); 6 months of oil and gas production experience is preferred.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.