Would you like to work for a forward thinking technology company?Do you enjoy technical challenges?Join our growing team
We are the leader in well construction and production. Our innovative physical and digital solutions improve efficiency, production and maximize reservoir value.Partner with the best
The Field Specialist will work an offshore rotation typically for 12 to 14 hours per day. The engineer will be in charge of all data collection, geological analysis, well monitoring and reporting as well as all wellsite communication during their tour. They will also be responsible for maintaining equipment readiness and supply levels during their time offshore. All task in the roles and responsibilities apply for this position as well as any additional task required for job safety and success.
As a Field Specialist (Mud Logging) Gulf of Mexico, you will be responsible for:
Fuel your passionTo be successful in this role you will: Qualifications/Requirements:
- Ensure all operator and BH HS&E policies and procedures are understood and followed.
- Understand and monitor all well site operations.
- Ensure that all equipment and services are functioning properly and accurately recording data to the database.
- Perform regular and frequent calibration checks of instruments and routine maintenance is performed as required on all equipment.
- Notify well site personnel of any anticipated or observed drilling problems related to geology, detection of a kick, or lost circulation.
- Monitor Pits, Well flow rates in or out in order to detect fluid gains or losses.
- Collect, analyze, and log all geological samples.
- Creating and editing all logs and reports for daily deliverables.
- Monitor parameters and trends according to the operation: drilling, circulating, tripping, etc.
- Manage the database and ensure the quality and integrity of the well data; ensure that the real time data transmitting is reliable and meets requirements.
- Establish accurate and comprehensive Logs as per client's format. Update all logs, include standard SLS set, time logs prints and plots requested by Client daily and as required.
- Ensure all daily reports are accurate and submitted on time.
- Rig-Up unit and all equipment as required, conforming to scope of work. Ensure all installations are performed in a safe manner.
- Submit a detailed report of any equipment or software malfunctions to the base and report the action(s) taken to repair or solve the problems.
- Assist well site personnel to understand and use data interpretations provided by Baker Hughes Surface Logging. .
- Ensure all advanced equipment and services are running and accurately collecting data to the database.
Work in a way that works for you
- Bachelor's Degree with 3 + years mud logging experience or High School Diploma with a minimum of 3 + years offshore mud logging experience
- Must have the flexibility to work any schedule offshore based on business needs
- Experience customer/client interfacing
- Experience with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Powerpoin, etc)
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
Working with us
- Offshore Flexible work schedule
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.Join Us
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company with a global reach and exciting services and clients? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will energize and inspire you!About Us:
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient. Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.