Skills: Structural Engineering
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Wood is seeking a Structural Engineer, P.Eng. to join our team in Calgary, Alberta.
- Execute projects as part of a multi-discipline team to meet client needs and expectations.
- Responsible for completion of structural design and analysis to applicable codes and standards.
- Preparation of technical reports and calculation packages as project deliverables.
- Perform structural design with SAP2000, RISA 3D, and SAFE.
- Working with designers on the project collaboratively to produce design deliverables with the appropriate level of detail.
- Review project documents prior to issue for scope and presentation against project standards and specifications.
- Supervise and direct work of other engineers
- Stamp and issue structural engineering deliverables.
- Interface with other disciplines, project management to execute work per the Project Plan.
- Interface with workshare team from other Wood global offices
- Work in compliance with all Health and Safety rules and regulations for Wood and its clients.
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil/Structural Engineering from an accredited University.
- Must be registered as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) with APEGA.
- 10 to 15 years of relevant experience working in an EPC company on Oil and Gas projects.
- Excellent knowledge of structural theory and working knowledge of the National Building Code of Canada (Alberta Edition).
- Working knowledge of the requirements of CSA S16 and CSA A23.3.
- Proficiency in SAP2000 and RISA 3D.
- Broad exposure to oil and gas facility design including Oilsands Upgraders, Tailings and SAGD projects (Field facilities and CPF).
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively when managing multiple tasks.
- Strong technical writing skills; experienced in the preparation of correspondence and technical reports.
- Effective verbal communicator, including presentation, facilitation and listening skills.
- Ability to work both independently and in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Willing to travel and accept field assignments.
- Motivated by working with people, whether internal collaboration or with external clients.
- Loves to share knowledge, experiences, and expertise with others to assist, mentor and coach less experience members of the team in their development.
- Driven to complete all tasks to best of their abilities to meet client expectations.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.