Skills: Instrument & Controls Engineer
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
Weatherford is the leading wellbore and production solutions company. Operating in more than 80 countries, the Company answers the challenges of the energy industry with its global talent network of approximately 20,000 team members and 600 locations, which include service, research and development, training, and manufacturing facilities. Visit weatherford.com for more information or connect on LinkedIn , Facebook , Twitter , Instagram , or YouTube .
We're looking to the future with a clear vision and a strong mission.
Our goal is to address the headwinds facing the industry, revolutionize the oilfield with digital technology, integrated solutions, and world-class talent.
We accept every challenge for the benefit of our Company, our industry, and the world. Our technology leadership delivers solutions that rise to every occasion, supply the best outcomes in each operation, and give power to all customers.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program and opportunities for on-going training and career development. VEVRAA Federal Contractor - Priority Referral Requested.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer Females/ Minorities/ Veterans/Disabled and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Job Scope : To assist the development of Real-Time software running on programmable logic control devices. Involves theoretical and practical application of specialized knowledge in the disciplines of programming, automation and control system engineering.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: (not listed in any particular order)
- Conceive, design and implement a variety of complex automation projects related to closed loop drilling and drilling automation.
- Program data acquisition and control software by gathering detailed requirements, selecting existing technologies and developing new technologies
- Design, develop, and apply control system theory to develop algorithms that will aid in real-time decision making
- Compile new software revisions by incorporating bug fixes and updates to existing code
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team to provide input into a variety of R&D projects relating to Managed pressure drilling and drilling optimization. Serve as a link between hardware and software groups
- Develop documentation and work instructions for use of existing and new products, direct communication with users to train and troubleshoot deployed units
- Problem formulation through the translation of business requirements
- Support the commercialization of new products.
- Maintain professional standards of work and conduct at all times.
- Both national and international travel. (10%)
- Know and understand Weatherford Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality Systems Manual, Operating and Technical Procedures and Workplace Instructions.
- Must understand and comply with all safety rules and company policies of Weatherford.
- Work assignments carried out to the highest quality level.
- Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job
Skills & Knowledge:
- 5+ years of experience working with Labview highly preferred
- In-depth knowledge in control system and electrical engineering
- Advanced knowledge of closed loop control system
- Experience in Data Acquisition technologies
- Experience with Variable frequency drives
- Familiarity with hazardous area certification standards
- Computer programming proficiency
- Excellent analytical and communication skills
- LabVIEW proficiency
- S. degree in Electrical Engineering or other relevant technical discipline.
- Proven R&D background
- Fluency in English
- Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering required
- LabView Certified Associate developer or higher
- LabView real time programming experience
- User Interface design experience
- LabVIEW NXG Web Module knowledge
- HTML,CSS, Java experience
- Data logging design experience
- Linux knowledge