Company: NES Fircroft
Skills: IT - Programming & Database
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Basrah, Basra Governorate, Iraq
We are currently looking for a Western Deputy IT Manager to work in Basra, Iraq for a MENA-focused oil and gas exploration and production company. He should supervise and and support IT for all technical operations locally and support center for any regional projects. Prepare strategy, Guideline, policies and procedure for smooth IT operations. Work closely with all IT sections head for smooth and secure IT operation of Organization. Prepare plans for future growth as per business requirements. Ensure efficient utilization of company resources. He will report directly to the System Section Head, Network Section Head, Application Section Head
• Contribute to the development and execution of Information Technology department' short to mid-term plans to ensure alignment with the Corporate Services function's strategic priorities, and the corporate goals.
• Contribute to the development of annual business plans for Information Technology to support the achievement of financial and strategic objectives.
• Monitor, control and report key performance indicators related to the IT section, to track performance and recommend corrective actions.
• Support in the execution and commissioning of approved Enterprise IT Projects in collaboration with specialist vendors
• Conduct security audits and provide recommendations to mitigate risks
• Manage the activities and work performed by direct reports to ensure that it is carried out in an efficient and effective manner, in line with the annual business plans, and IT departmental policies and procedures.
• Contribute to knowledge dissemination/sharing in a way that assists with building internal capabilities of employees where applicable and maximize their effective performance.
• Manage the IT technical support systems and monitor the prioritization of incidents and requests to ensure their resolution and fulfillment effectively and timely.
• Facilitate Network/infrastructure/Applications vulnerability management & threat detection system protection and portals services and coordinate with corporate Application & Information Systems Support/Development Lead to ensure service requirements are securely designed and meet compliance objectives.
• Supervise the performance of the Internal Networks, Systems and Applications and schedule the periodic and preventive maintenance operations to ensure their reliability and efficiency to carry out daily technical activities of organizations.
Regional Alignment and Support
• Provide consultation services and guidance to regional technical support teams regarding the procedures and to assist in deployment of Corporate IT standard solutions by the global IT operations teams and ensure/enforce alignment with the company's policies and procedures.
Network and Communication Support
• Follow up with central and regional technical support teams to ensure development and deployment of the company's communication and network systems.
• Manage the relationships with vendors and technical support providers to ensure compliance with contracts, policies and procedures agreed upon and guarantee the delivery of required level of services and supplies within set timelines.
Policies, Systems, Processes and Procedures
• Contribute to the development and implementation of Information Technology policies, systems, processes and procedures, identifying potential areas of improvement, to support an efficient and effective operation.
• Ensure compliance with corporate requirements on adherence to policies, procedures and instructions within own area related to all relevant regulatory directives to promote a safe and risk-free environment.
Health, Security, Safety and Environment
• Ensure compliance with all relevant health, security, safety and environmental management policies, procedures and controls within own area, monitoring, reviewing and evaluating on a continuous basis, to guarantee employee safety, legislative compliance, delivery of high quality service and a responsible environmental attitude.
• Ensure preparation of reports in a timely and accurate manner to meet the IT departmental requirements, policies and standards.
• Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning
• Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required
5. COMMUNICATIONS & WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
• Regional IT offices/teams
• Employees across the company's units
• Application & Information Systems Support/Development Lead
• Employees across the company's units (only for IT project implementation from Appraise Operate phases and IT training/learning events)
• Commercial/Procurement department/function
• External IT Technical Support Service Providers
• Telecommunication Services Providers/ Vendors
• Operating Facility Suppliers, Landlords, Insurance Providers
• Industry (IT & Oil/Energy) Peers
6. DECISION MAKING AUTHORITY
• Key decisions having significant impact on Technical IT Operations are referred to the IT Manager for approval before implementation.
• The jobholder exercises financial and operational authority as per the level established by the company's management and stipulated in the authority matrix.
• Provide guidance on IT infrastructure/architecture projects, end-user support, contracting and vendor management issues
• Assess and endorse IT project business cases to ensure a significant return of the highest value for investment, avoiding duplication
7. QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
• Bachelor's degree in Information Technology discipline (e.g., Computer Science, MIS, CIS. Computer Engineering) - Master's degree is a definite plus
• Certification in at least one industry-recognized IT Service Delivery Framework (ITIL Foundation is a major plus)
• Minimum of 8-10 years of valid work experience in IT Managerial/Lead role, and proven experience of managing IT team.
• Diverse knowledge of Systems, Network and Application Domains.
• Experience in the Upstream Oil & Gas sector is a plus
• Understand and familiar Oil & Gas industry upstream/midstream/downstream process
• COBIT and ITIL education
• Implemented Telecom systems (Trunk radio, PABX, IP phone system, PAGA, VSAT)
• Implemented and management network system (Microwave, FC, switch, wireless, firewall)
• Implemented and management data center (Windows, Linux, server, storage, virtualization, DR)
• Implemented and management applications (SAP, Maximo, E&P software, GIS, HSE, Email, DMS, BPM, HSE). The Open Group Architecture Framework (TOGAF) Certification is highly beneficial
• Skilled in computing and network hardware and peripheral equipment
• Ability to install, configure, and maintain personal computing devices, network infrastructure (and related security systems), and applicable software applications
• Extensive knowledge of the Installation, configuration, and maintenance of personal computers, networks, and related hardware and software
• Knowledge of local Government copyright laws as they pertain to the use of computer software
• Ability to quickly diagnose and resolve computer network malfunctions, escalating as required
• Expertise in industry standard IT Change & Incident Management procedures
• Complex problem-solving and customer engagement skills
• Demonstrated multi-tasking and time-management skills
• Skilled at establishment and enforcement of IS&T-related procedures and acceptable use compliance, documenting each request and its resolution
• Knowledge of Network hardware and software engineering
• Knowledge of IT Technical Operations
• Communication and presentation skills
• Attention to details
• Ability to make timely decisions
• Teamwork and teambuilding
• Relationship management
• Organising and planning skills
• Analytical and problem-solving skills
• Customer Service Orientation
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.