Skills: Business Development
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
Wood is currently looking for an organized, technically oriented individual who can help manage the growth of our global sales and marketing for the Operator Training Simulation (OTS) business line. The role will report directly to the global Intelligent Operations Business Development Director, and be located in our Houston, TX office.
This is an opportunity to play a key role in a growing global organization, building on our highly technical services, to provide effective sales, marketing, and customer support operations.
The successful candidate will initially take on some technical responsibilities while working directly with OTS senior management to plan the growth of the sales and support organization. The candidate will take a lead role in executing these plans.
- Act as focal point for initial customer interactions. Work with customers to define fundamental requirements, such as scope and schedule.
- Manage client relationships.
- Prepare and deliver project proposals.
- Work with other elements of Wood to support their proposal and business development needs that include Wood OTS solutions.
- Manage customer support activities for post-project support with a commitment to technical excellence.
- Support and actively engage in Wood cross-sell activities
- Develop relationships with our marketing partners and coordinate external marketing events.
- Assist with the rapid growth of our worldwide sales.
Skills / Qualifications
- University Engineering degree (Chemical, Electrical, Mechanical, or field related to process and process control)
- 3-5 years of industry experience in a Process Control related position, including use of a process simulator.
- Minimum of 2 years Sales experience in the Process or Process Control industry selling solutions in areas involving process simulation, monitoring, real time data, analytics, training simulator, environmental management, advanced process control systems and data historian systems.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and build trust with clients and internal executives.
- Excellent oral and written communication with demonstrated ability developing and delivering effective presentations to customers, proposals and marketing materials.
- Willing to travel as needed, nationally and globally.
- Highly qualified candidates will have Process Safety experience or be an accredited Functional Safety Engineer
- Must be US Citizen or authorized to work lawfully in the US, witout sponsorship from Wood.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.