NESFircroft is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry. Our client, a large Operator, is currently seeking a Instrumentation Engineer/ Specialist for a 4 month contract in Calgary Alberta. The individual must be local or have their own accomodations in the area. Purpose:
As a member of a multi-discipline team, you will provide collaborative engineering support and act as a cross-functional advocate for best practices in the selection, implementation, and operational support of the instrument and controls asset base to ensure that regulatory, production, and optimization objectives are met. This instrument and controls asset base includes instrumentation, measurement, and regulatory process control systems. Accountabilities:
- Accountable for Instrumentation and controls documentation and processes for small projects within Montney.
- Responsible for input to designs that provide the most reliable and cost-effective instrument & controls systems. Responsible for technical opportunity management, project development, project execution support and management of change for Montney small projects.
- Understands and leverages the application of instrumentation and controls regarding safety, mechanical integrity, design, and maintenance standards.
- Develop engineering work packages for the execution of small I&C opportunities.
- Support the development of deliverables to meet small project, such as instrument index, instrument data sheets, instrument specifications, schematics and wiring diagrams, control narratives, shut down keys, P&IDs as required.
- Provide instrumentation and controls technical support to production areas.
- Work with control system engineers, maintenance supervisors, instrument technicians, and operations to establish priorities for work.
- Provide support to the operation in the HAZOP reviews.
- Provide management, input and guidance on projects as assigned.
- Ensure instrumentation & controls documents are properly created in all document systems (SPI, SAP, etc) for assigned projects.
- Provide cost estimates for potential small I&C projects.
- Support the review of vendor drawings and documents for compliance.
- Support instrumentation requests as required, including as-record and project close outs in SPI INtools.
- 5-10 years of Instrumentation & Controls experience in the oil and gas industry
- Completion of a technologist diploma, or Engineering Degree in a related field with a minimum 5 years of experience, preference will be given to candidates with Oil and Gas, petrochemical operating experience
- Ability to develop conceptual thinking to the point of practical applications, and an ability to implement these applications in the field.
- Instrument and control systems knowledge.
- Working knowledge of P&IDs, Loop and single line diagrams, Instrument datasheets
- Knowledge and experience with acceptance testing and commissioning of instrument and controls equipment and systems.
- Have a proactive attitude.
- Professional Engineer for BC is an asset
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.